Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 07:32 AM

8 posts, read 9,502 times

Advertisements

A Realtor I spoke to does staging and wants 2 pieces of my Furniture.

The Realtor wants me to leave the 2 pieces of furniture in the house.

It could be awkward because the Realtor would add their staging furniture to my house. There could be confusion, which furniture is mine, which is theirs...

The Realtor brought up the idea, no mention of price. Not sure how this would work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 07:36 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,568,571 times
I'd say no because the realtor can't protect your belongings from what might happen to your pieces when s/he's not around. Another realtor could show the place and a visitor's kid could slam into a corner of the furniture and get hurt, for instance, and then there'd be heck to pay.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:44 AM

13,036 posts, read 17,976,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
I'd say no because the realtor can't protect your belongings from what might happen to your pieces when s/he's not around. Another realtor could show the place and a visitor's kid could slam into a corner of the furniture and get hurt, for instance, and then there'd be heck to pay.
IF you had no "staging" furniture in your home and all your own with your scenario, then what? Absurd answer.

Homes are staged all the time nowadays. There is a record that you will be required to sign as to the pieces delivered to your home and those and only those, will be retrieved upon completion. The bigger problem is if she is pushing the staging on you as a condition of sale. I say between this post and the refrigerator post, you may need to find a new realtor if things are as stated.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:45 AM

14,392 posts, read 11,898,496 times
The realtor is staging your house for sale and wants to use two of your pieces and you are afraid you won't remember which furniture is yours?

Are you going to be living in the house or are you moving out?

Old 07-23-2017, 10:08 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,078,658 times
How far are you moving? How would you move the 2 pieces of furniture left behind?

Old 07-23-2017, 01:55 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,089,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
How far are you moving? How would you move the 2 pieces of furniture left behind?
That would be my biggest concern. I wouldn't want to have to hire a mover for 2 pieces of furniture. I can't imagine how you would forget or get confused that some of the furniture is yours though.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:19 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,007,498 times
Just get a record of which pieces are yours, or get a receipt from the realtor. Take photos of your pieces. Tape your name and contact info on the back of them.

To me it doesn't sound as if you are risking any more than if you used all your own furniture when you showed your house.

If you think your realtor is untrustworthy, why are you listing with her?

Old 07-23-2017, 06:22 PM

15,125 posts, read 27,634,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
The realtor is staging your house for sale and wants to use two of your pieces and you are afraid you won't remember which furniture is yours?

Are you going to be living in the house or are you moving out?
I'm confused about this as well - I can identify my furniture.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:10 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,078,658 times
What are you worried about? I don't see why it would cost anything above what the normal staging is costing. She doesn't "want" your furniture. That implies she plans to keep it. She wants you to leave 2 pieces of your own furniture in your own house. If you are moving in town, maybe the stagers can even use their truck to bring the 2 pieces to you when they are done.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:16 PM

4,596 posts, read 3,263,161 times
Yes, I'd say it's all about where you are moving to. Is it hundreds of miles away? Or is it just in the next town? How are you going to retrieve the furniture when the house sells if you are already gone?

Or are you staying while the house is for sale? Where is your furniture going (that will not be in the staging) if that is the case?

Lots of unknowns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating