Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2017, 07:49 AM

34 posts, read 39,228 times

Advertisements

I am looking to purchase several crystal chandeliers by Elegant Lighting. They do a lot of replicas of other expensive pieces, and the particular ones I'm looking at are replicas of pricier Restoration Hardware chandeliers. I can't find a showroom near me to look at them in person, so unfortunately I'm stuck by going off of only what the salesperson has to say (which of course, I need to take with a grain of salt). It's really hard to find any honest reviews of this company.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with their chandeliers and could speak to their quality.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 09:01 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
I can't comment on the specific company, but in the last 10 years or more, the vast majority of light fixtures come from China and have essentially the same (low quality) components and construction, whether they are sold in specialty stores at a high price or in a big box store at a low price. I own two lamps one of which cost something like 10X the other; turn them over and you can see that they are identical in construction and components.

Finding new-production light fixtures that are not bottom-of-the barrel Chinese manufacture probably involves either extreme cost, or a needle-in-haystack search.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:07 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
I'm not personally familiar with them. I did see that Wayfair carries some of their stuff and they get pretty good reviews

http://www.wayfair.com/brand/bnd/ele...ng-b16099.html

What is the return policy? If you can return them if they don't meet your standards, then I'd go ahead and order.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:40 PM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
I have bought here-

CHANDELIERS, WHOLESALE CHANDELIERS, CRYSTAL CHANDELIERS, SWAROVSKI CHANDELIER, LIGHTING, WHOLESALE CHANDELIER

Good quality, reasonable prices, great selection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating