Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 06:37 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Made quite a few changes. Waiting on a piece to be framed - which we pick up on the 24th and I'll call it done for now. I say that because there's a couple of changes I want to make in the future but for now, it will do. I'll get some pictures up this week sometime but I have some nail holes to patch and touch up paint first. I like it but my guess - many of you will not. This should be interesting.
LOL I can't wait to see it. You're a tease!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 11:08 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL I can't wait to see it. You're a tease!
I thought about posting some photos now instead of waiting but you know how it is. Inevitably, people will say 'hey you should change out X' and of course, that's the one thing you're changing out but hasn't arrived yet. Although, this room out of any of my others I've posted on here has definitely caused some strong opinions. I'm 1000% sure the final product will as well so might as well wait until I have everything in there. It was more of a post along the lines of 'hey, I'm still actually working this and won't abandon the thread' thing which happens too often - I personally love to see when people show their finished products on here. When they don't, it's like an incomplete book - just feels wrong!

Old 10-16-2017, 04:15 PM

30,484 posts, read 16,198,344 times
totally agree, and looking forward to the 'after' reveal.

Old 10-19-2017, 01:48 PM

I'm going to go ahead and post pictures although I am waiting on one art piece to be framed. Otherwise it won't be until later this month.

What I changed - the chandelier, added curtains, added some wall planters, and that's about it for now. I am on the lookout for new chairs, something similar to these but a lower back. However, I haven't found anything and for now, these are fine. I'm going to live with these small changes for a bit and see how I feel about it as time goes on. So, in summary, no drastic changes after all.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:28 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,076,604 times
I particularly like the wall planters.

Old 10-20-2017, 06:22 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Ok, honest feedback:

I really like the wall planters! I think they are a very good size and shape. They soften the angular sign.

I am not feeling the drapes. I like the fact that you HAVE drapes because they bring warmth to the space, but I wish they were a different color. I wish they had less green and more blue, maybe with some touches of red, in them. The greenish yellow tone of the drapes does not match the sign in my opinion. But my monitor may not be giving me an accurate perspective.

I adore adore adore that light fixture!

Old 10-20-2017, 02:25 PM

1,192 posts, read 2,481,288 times
That looks really nice. I like the mix of chairs and wouldn't change them out.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Ok, honest feedback:

I really like the wall planters! I think they are a very good size and shape. They soften the angular sign.

I am not feeling the drapes. I like the fact that you HAVE drapes because they bring warmth to the space, but I wish they were a different color. I wish they had less green and more blue, maybe with some touches of red, in them. The greenish yellow tone of the drapes does not match the sign in my opinion. But my monitor may not be giving me an accurate perspective.

I adore adore adore that light fixture!
They do look yellow in the picture. Gah, I think that's the shading from the lamp shades causing that. It's an off white/cream background. I'm not 100% sold on the curtains. I wanted something with loads of color - it does have reds and blues in there as well. Going to live with them for a while and see how I feel. They were surprisingly affordable - World Market - so it wouldn't be a huge loss. The chandelier was not inexpensive but I loved it and it's permanent so figured it was worth it to spend more there.

And seriously, I do not know how people can take awesome photos of their house. I have a really good camera and it always tends to be slightly off what it is in real life. So annoying.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:47 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
I just think the room needs more blue in general. Easiest to do blue paint below the chair rail.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:29 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Did you ever hear of horror vacui?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horror_vacui

I do not think you need those planters. I also, as KA said, do not like the yellow drapes. I detest red and yellow together and the drape could have a bit of red in them. Sorry to be blunt, but you were at the bottom of the hole, yet you keep digging.

I rally like your choices, but not necessarily together. I like the light fixture, but it just blends in with the furniture. I would have used one that popped.

Last edited by gentlearts; 10-21-2017 at 09:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating