Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 09:07 AM

3,546 posts, read 3,114,934 times

Advertisements

The realtor who will be selling our house next spring has changed her mind about painting the interior gray. She says "livable green" is the hot new color.

She's seen it in enough homes now that she's jumping on the bandwagon. Also, softened green if you want something just a shade darker.

Works for me, we have a nice view of a garden so green is a good color to go with the view.

I think the name is hilarious, though. Funny how paint names don't really describe colors anymore. "Livable Green" and "Millennial Pink." Too funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 11:14 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
why is it we are now conditioned to have to paint our homes before we sell them???? ergh, thanks HGTV...

I wouldn't paint your home green, some people will either like it or they wont.
The whole purpose of the beige / gray / neutral thing is to appeal to the largest group of buyers.

I am not crazy about gray or beige, but I could live with it until i deceided on what colors Id really like my home, where as green, (and I like green) but then again, we do have 3000 shades of green, the chances of your green the the winner would be slim to none.

So I wouldn't care what you realtor says is the next "spectacular" color, I'd do neutral to no color at all. Also, if you walls are in pretty good condition with the colors you have now, I wouldn't even paint them, of course that your choice..

and i so agree, the names of colors are really something? lol

just who thinks these names up??

Last edited by nightcrawler; 10-09-2017 at 12:00 PM..

Old 10-09-2017, 11:17 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
The realtor who will be selling our house next spring has changed her mind about painting the interior gray. She says "livable green" is the hot new color.

She's seen it in enough homes now that she's jumping on the bandwagon. Also, softened green if you want something just a shade darker.

Works for me, we have a nice view of a garden so green is a good color to go with the view.

I think the name is hilarious, though. Funny how paint names don't really describe colors anymore. "Livable Green" and "Millennial Pink." Too funny.
I'd find a new realtor, frankly.

So, share what [i]Livable Green /I] is, please. I am curious about it.

Green is everywhere in clothing now. I usually see it in clothing more as a yellow green, often grayed, than on the blue side. But I've noticed this fall that deep blue green is out there too. I think green is a versatile color for rooms. Somewhere online I've seen a room painted a deep gray or blue, with an intensely green velvet sofa. Stunning. The sofa looks like it started life in the 1970s.

I've never encountered a realtor that told me what color to paint my walls.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:21 AM

4,676 posts, read 9,991,727 times
I happen to like green. And have used several shades in my own home.

However, it's been my experience that the tint of the greens have turned over the past couple of years. The kitchen green which had more of a yellow tint (Spring green) has really yellowed. The dining room green (Pale Sage) more of a blue tint.... has gone more blue.

Anyway you can dump this agent?

I'm in the market for a new home. The listings which have gone pending the quickest... regardless of price point....have warm white walls..... or pale toast walls. And not an accent wall to be seen.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:30 AM

"Livable Green" by Sherwin Williams???

It's DREADFUL!!!!

Old 10-09-2017, 11:35 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,417,131 times
The SW Livable Green looks more gray to me than green, but I think I would use it before I would use gray.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
The SW Livable Green looks more gray to me than green, but I think I would use it before I would use gray.
I asked my friend's 6 year old to identify the color. After hemming and hawing he pronounced the color "snot".

Out of mouths of babes.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:35 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
I can't say I love it, at least on my monitor, it's reading too yellow toned for me to really like it.

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/home...ngColors&p=PS0

But I do like this color which was recently recommended to someone I know by a designer. It registers as green-ish, but a bit more neutral to me.

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/c...y?color=AF-490

Old 10-09-2017, 12:42 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,496,877 times
I would not paint any part of an interior any shade of green before selling it. Green is a very individual color, I don't care what shade it is. I happen to loathe green. That's just me.

There's a reason neutrals are neutrals.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:40 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
I don't know. I'm not sure I'd really like that color. It is pretty neutral, at any rate.

https://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/...ist?color=1494

I used Ben Moore's Vale Mist twice. I suppose that is sort of similar. Funny thing--when I used it in darker rooms without much natural light, it looked like a misty gray blue. When I used it in a room with a lot of natural lighting light, it looked really green.

So, I'm changing my mind about Livable Green, its probably just fine, if you like it. But i'd still probably choose Vale Mist.

Last edited by silibran; 10-09-2017 at 10:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating