Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 05:52 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,699,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
DH just saw this.
Nope, it’s NOT a machine made rug. None of our rugs are.
But I do thank GentleArts. Started looking more carefully at our paint color there and I think because it has cooler tones it does appear to be a bit green in contrast to the earth tones in that room. We didn’t paint it, the previous owners did, and I’m thinking something warmer there would be better. Thinking Benjamin Moore’s Navajo White. But will be getting more paint chips in spring.

Got totally caught while we were at the rug shop. Found the right one for the bath and a beauty for the kitchen on the business side of the island. I’m a rug junkie.
Attached Thumbnails
Oriental Rug in master bath-3362c890-910b-49cf-b484-b035ef76d7c7.jpeg   Oriental Rug in master bath-374123e6-57a0-4670-937d-4113ee1d564d.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 05:42 PM

557 posts, read 1,709,405 times
Quote:
Anyone ever done this? Trying to decide if I like the look or not. Leaning yes. Thoughts? Is it too long?
What is the look that you are trying to achieve? If you are after style, I can tell you the picture of the bear DOES NOT go with the rug. The bear pic is black and white, goes better with an office if you ask me. The rug is oriental, no connection to the bear. If you don't care about style, but just something that feels good to you, then just go with your guts, don't even ask the rest of us. If you like it, that's your answer. Do you like it? Or do you love it? You gotta love it if you wanna keep it as is... If you are not sure, then change it. That;s your answer. My two cents.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAVC View Post
What is the look that you are trying to achieve? If you are after style, I can tell you the picture of the bear DOES NOT go with the rug. The bear pic is black and white, goes better with an office if you ask me. The rug is oriental, no connection to the bear. If you don't care about style, but just something that feels good to you, then just go with your guts, don't even ask the rest of us. If you like it, that's your answer. Do you like it? Or do you love it? You gotta love it if you wanna keep it as is... If you are not sure, then change it. That;s your answer. My two cents.
Thanks for your two cents.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:31 PM

Thanks for all the opinions.
We ended up choosing the handmade Afghan heriz runner with a 1/4 inch pad (a couple of pictures above) for the bathroom. Love how the runner fits with a medallion in front of each sink. Navy blue towels and bath mats, and a creamy, warm, off white paint in a matte finish will pull it more together.
Suits us perfectly.

Old 12-18-2017, 04:40 AM

4,705 posts, read 4,367,141 times
Quote:
Thanks for all the opinions.
We ended up choosing the handmade Afghan heriz runner with a 1/4 inch pad (a couple of pictures above) for the bathroom. Love how the runner fits with a medallion in front of each sink. Navy blue towels and bath mats, and a creamy, warm, off white paint in a matte finish will pull it more together.
Suits us perfectly.
They look great- enjoy.
Giving me food for thought; I would love that in my master bath but it's a very angled room and I cannot figure out how to handle. BUT your rooms look lovely

Old 12-19-2017, 04:32 PM

15,114 posts, read 27,595,034 times
Quote:
But I do thank GentleArts. Started looking more carefully at our paint color there and I think because it has cooler tones it does appear to be a bit green in contrast to the earth tones in that room. We didn’t paint it, the previous owners did, and I’m thinking something warmer there would be better. Thinking Benjamin Moore’s Navajo White. But will be getting more paint chips in spring.

Got totally caught while we were at the rug shop. Found the right one for the bath and a beauty for the kitchen on the business side of the island. I’m a rug junkie.
I think this is what you went with? From the first pic. though - make sure you address that issue w/the rug curling up near the tub - big tripping hazard.

Old 12-19-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I think this is what you went with? From the first pic. though - make sure you address that issue w/the rug curling up near the tub - big tripping hazard.

We had just rolled it out when I took the pic. It isn’t curled up any more.

Old 06-13-2021, 11:54 AM

Thought I’d check back in.
We’ve had the oriental in the master bath for 3.5 years now and no problems at all with mildew or anything. It’s been great and the colors really warm up that bath.

Old 06-13-2021, 02:31 PM

2,142 posts, read 3,041,199 times
I didn't think you would. We have an oriental in our bathroom and use bath mats, as you said you did. It all works great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating