Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 04:44 PM

520 posts, read 597,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Our everyday "stainless steel ware" is just a mix match of assorted pieces. For my guest "stainless steel ware", I found a HUGE lot of vintage flatware called Spritely Rose on eBay which I don't think they had been used. Unfortunately, the lot didn't have enough salad forks so I had to buy them separately and I also decided to buy some iced tea spoons. Of course I HAD to buy a beautiful box to put them all in. I think the box cost more than all that is in it.

Cat
I love my flatware and can't see myself parting with it at anytime. It's Reed & Barton "Middleberg". A few years ago, I bought some extra spoons and a few more forks from eBay as a few went missing over the years. So plain, but sturdy - I can't even bend them.

My "good" flatware is Oneida "Eden". I've loved this pattern since the first day I laid eyes on it working in the China & crystal department. Years later I lucked out on getting a nice set on eBay for way less than it should've gone for.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 06:05 PM

4,170 posts, read 3,362,743 times
For everyday...white Corelle, or PfaltzGraff's 'classics' like Village and Gourmet (y'know...brown drip glaze). Or classic diner china like Buffalo. I have a lot of onesie-twosies.

For large groups or Thanksgiving, it's Corelle Gold Butterfly.

- Dishaholics Anonymous

Old 12-31-2017, 06:13 PM

20,549 posts, read 30,286,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramercy View Post
I love my flatware and can't see myself parting with it at anytime. It's Reed & Barton "Middleberg". A few years ago, I bought some extra spoons and a few more forks from eBay as a few went missing over the years. So plain, but sturdy - I can't even bend them.

My "good" flatware is Oneida "Eden". I've loved this pattern since the first day I laid eyes on it working in the China & crystal department. Years later I lucked out on getting a nice set on eBay for way less than it should've gone for.
I like the Oneida Eden. I like thin tined forks and less chunky silverware.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:26 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,096,789 times
Plain white. The Williams Sonoma Aplico Tres Grande porcelain dinnerware has held up amazingly. We always manage to chip dinnerware so badly it soon needs replacing. This sturdy stuff has stood up to lots of abuse and has only a small chip or two on a couple of pieces. It has a pretty sheen and looks elegant. Truly worth the money.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:41 PM

15,966 posts, read 20,927,996 times
For those of you that have had corelle for a long time, does the pattern last? My daughter asked for a set for christmas with a particular pattern that she just fell in love with. I'm contemplating buying a second set for her in case the patterns wears away easily. Thoughts? http://prod.ebayimages.npsstore.com....790009f741.jpg

Old 12-31-2017, 08:29 PM
ptt

497 posts, read 632,433 times
Sterling silver flatware is my daily use now. I Don’t see the point of keeping them for special event a few time a year.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:32 PM

4,170 posts, read 3,362,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
For those of you that have had corelle for a long time, does the pattern last? My daughter asked for a set for christmas with a particular pattern that she just fell in love with. I'm contemplating buying a second set for her in case the patterns wears away easily. Thoughts? http://prod.ebayimages.npsstore.com....790009f741.jpg
The older classic patterns hold up well. I don't know how sturdy the newer ones would be, and that pattern looks newer.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:30 PM

520 posts, read 597,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptt View Post
Sterling silver flatware is my daily use now. I Don’t see the point of keeping them for special event a few time a year.
Agree. I never understood why sterling silver flatware gets museum treatment when it should be used everyday.

Old 01-01-2018, 01:12 AM

1,039 posts, read 864,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramercy View Post
I'm all about color and patterns right now. I had Pfaltzgraff's Heritage pattern which is all white and I grew tired of how boring (and heavy) it looked. After 20 years and a few pieces broke, I donated it and used some solid burgundy salad plates I had acquired while I contemplated my next purchase. I bought several of the Anthropologie latte bowls in different colors, which I love. I'm indecisive by nature, but I finally settled on these beautiful "Wildflower Study" dinner plates, also through Anthropologie.

I'll complement them with either plain white scalloped or solid color salad plates.

Lately, I'm all about color and patterns and not being too matchy. Despite a short stint working in the china and crystal departments of a few stores, I'm not really into dinnerware sets. I do have an appreciation for a clean looking table setting using white dinnerware, but I'll never use stoneware again.
That is so beautiful!

Old 01-01-2018, 08:22 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,286,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post

I'd be interested to also know. I have one older set(10 years) and a few pieces from about 20 years ago. I have no problems with fading, breaking or chipping.

Sadly I just read a bunch of bad reviews on the quality of the newer Corelle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating