Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 03:48 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,054,161 times

Advertisements

Looks great, congrats!

It's amazing...having lived through 2 long kitchen renovations...can be such a drain on mental and physical health not to have a workable place to cook, clean, and store food. Makes me appreciate what our forefathers and foremothers did to cook and keep food on the table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 04:56 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,129,439 times
What a beautiful kitchen! I may have similar flooring in my next kitchen, please keep us posted on how it holds up. On a diet, but put that amazing cake recipe aside for later. Yum.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:13 PM

10,047 posts, read 18,069,717 times
Lisa, you and Mike are amazing! I could never order RTA kitchen cabinets because I know I would take FOREVER to assemble them.

Your new kitchen is beautiful! Is it all organized already?

And the cake recipe ... oh man ... I had soup for dinner today and I am hungry again ...

I hope you have a wonderful celebration!

Old 08-05-2018, 05:24 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
You’ve done an excellent job. What a great looking, functional kitchen!

I’d say you deserve your cheat cake.

May you have many years enjoying this space which you have thoughtfully designed for yourself.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:26 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This is a great recipe and you can do it with other flavor variations too - like a red velvet cake mix, all of the above but change the instant pudding to vanilla or cheesecake and then top with homemade cream cheese frosting, and it tastes EXACTLY LIKE HOMEMADE ALL THE WAY THROUGH. (I'd leave out the chocolate chips too but who knows, they might be fabulous in it.)

You can also do a killer rum cake with a yellow cake mix, vanilla or cheesecake instant pudding, add some walnuts into the mix, and then bake it in a bundt pan and then soak in rum in a tin with a lid - turn it over a few times a day for two days and then let your Auntie eat a couple of slices of it after Thanksgiving dinner and watch her get tipsy!

Rum cake would be good for the holidays Heck forget about Auntie I would probably get tipsy from one slice, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Looks great, congrats!

It's amazing...having lived through 2 long kitchen renovations...can be such a drain on mental and physical health not to have a workable place to cook, clean, and store food. Makes me appreciate what our forefathers and foremothers did to cook and keep food on the table.
Thank you. I have been through many but this was the longest since we built everything from scratch while living in one room. This will be the last "big" project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
What a beautiful kitchen! I may have similar flooring in my next kitchen, please keep us posted on how it holds up. On a diet, but put that amazing cake recipe aside for later. Yum.
Thank you. Will do on the flooring Good luck on your diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Lisa, you and Mike are amazing! I could never order RTA kitchen cabinets because I know I would take FOREVER to assemble them.

Your new kitchen is beautiful! Is it all organized already?

And the cake recipe ... oh man ... I had soup for dinner today and I am hungry again ...

I hope you have a wonderful celebration!
Mike is really fast at assembly. I do the drawers and help him as needed. We have older friends ordering RTA cabinets in the next week or so. I'm sure we will have to help them.

Yes...all organized. I may do some more tweaking but it's 95% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
You’ve done an excellent job. What a great looking, functional kitchen!

I’d say you deserve your cheat cake.

May you have many years enjoying this space which you have thoughtfully designed for yourself.
Thank you. I do love an L shaped kitchen and the island is great for making bread

Old 08-06-2018, 07:14 AM

50,370 posts, read 63,964,084 times
I’m making it today.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:49 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Y'all are making me want to make a cake now - or as my husband says after watching Napoleon Dynamite about 6 times - I want to build a cake now.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:03 PM

50,370 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Thank you. This is the brown house, lol. The flooring is Luxury Vinyl Plank. I love that it is waterproof

Meh only breakfast so far. Grilling steaks tonight but making this delicious cake tonight It's a cheat cake but oh so good and moist...and rich.

Triple Chocolate Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs
1/2 cup warm water
1-2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.
It came out good! I put some walnuts in too.

Last edited by gentlearts; 12-24-2020 at 07:09 AM..

Old 08-06-2018, 05:07 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It came out good! I put some walnuts in too.
Very nice...now add frosting to make it really disgusting even though it doesn't need it. I hope you like it.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:38 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,019,188 times
Lisa - Your kitchen is marvelous!!!!!! Your cake looks good too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating