Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 01:52 PM

5 posts, read 2,632 times

Advertisements

too primly for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 06:00 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,613,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
I don't know. It could look very dated in a few years.

I think dated is something all kitchen or styles will have, but to many, I dont think we really pay that any mind, nor should we.

To me, IMO, life has so many other things going on, that to worry that your kitchen is not fully up to date to the nearest millionth of a second all the time, to me, IMO, is somewhat ridicoulos.

No ones home can always be fully updated, nor should it.

I have black bead board cabinets, very taste specific, I'm not interested if and when I sell. I wasn't going to spend thousands of dollars on a kitchen that would please the vast majority of potential buyers. I am the one living here now, and for the record, am not selling at any time soon.

Is this kitchen the originalposter posted completely practical, no, probably not, is is pretty?, well, to me, IMO, wow!!! yes it is pretty. is it my taste?, no, but do I think it is pretty, oh hell yeah, it is one pretty kitchen.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:32 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I think dated is something all kitchen or styles will have, but to many, I dont think we really pay that any mind, nor should we.

To me, IMO, life has so many other things going on, that to worry that your kitchen is not fully up to date to the nearest millionth of a second all the time, to me, IMO, is somewhat ridiculous.

No ones home can always be fully updated, nor should it.

I have black bead board cabinets, very taste specific, I'm not interested if and when I sell. I wasn't going to spend thousands of dollars on a kitchen that would please the vast majority of potential buyers. I am the one living here now, and for the record, am not selling at any time soon.

Is this kitchen the originalposter posted completely practical, no, probably not, is is pretty?, well, to me, IMO, wow!!! yes it is pretty. is it my taste?, no, but do I think it is pretty, oh hell yeah, it is one pretty kitchen.
I agree nightcrawler, to my eyes it is a stunning kitchen and as long as ANY KITCHEN is maintained and taken care of properly it will stand the test of time.

What is considered "old style" today will be back in (modern appliances aside) "tomorrow".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating