Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2018, 11:05 PM

1 posts, read 699 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone
I would like to know that what are the problems you've faced most of the time while designing an space and how do you handle such issues ?

Would be really glad to know

Thanks Already !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 09:08 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
Being able to do what I want on a limited budget.

Creating storage in a small space, without making it seem claustrophobic.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:31 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,780 times
Moving stuff. When I think of painting the walls, I look at all the stuff in a room and nowhere else to put it, unless I rent a storage container.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:58 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,121,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by praveena19 View Post
Hello everyone
I would like to know that what are the problems you've faced most of the time while designing an space and how do you handle such issues ?

Would be really glad to know

Thanks Already !
Aside from a champagne taste and beer budget, getting reputable people to do the work is a problem here. There are so many that make promises then a hunting trip comes up and they fail to show. The recs are along the lines of the following: "Joe is really good and the end result will please you, but pack your patience, because it will take you a lot longer than you want it to." When I told the tale of 38 square feet of 4 inch backsplash tiles that took 6 weeks to install, my blood started to boil when I repeatedly was told, you are lucky it wasn't hunting season.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:14 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,994,516 times
Darn floor vents always getting in my way!

Old 10-23-2018, 02:00 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,079,089 times
Colors. When you go shopping for something you always need to take swatches of your colors with you so you don't get stuff that clashes. It always sucks to find the design you want but in hideous colors.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:17 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
living in an apartment is really difficult, because anything you seem to do, always upsets everything. During any project I always at least try to keep one room in order, to keep my sanity.

In an older building, even though it is fully renovated, meaning new walls and floors, nothing is level, or plubm and that in itself makes things more difficult.

I have to do any projects on my kitchen table, which means anything being done (painting, building a little something, etc) all must be cleaned up after the task is done, because its in the kitchen.....

so everything is a nightmare, compared to living in a house with a basement, or a garage, or a back yard...

to spray paint something I go out in the hallway, at night, have to put drop cloths down, etc...or cut a piece of wood on the fire escape to let the saw dust blow away...ugh, everything is ten times more difficult than a house.......

if that makes anyone feel better...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating