Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 12:22 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times

Advertisements

Every three days??? Sheesh. No thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 12:30 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Fortunately, we use very firm foam pillows for sleeping, so they stand up fine, and support the kind of floppy sham covered pillows in front of them. If I wanted to use them alone they would be fine.
In the “olden day’s” when I was a kid, the bedspread tucked around the pillows with nothing else needed. Maybe we should bring back bedspreads.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:35 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,674,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Fortunately, we use very firm foam pillows for sleeping, so they stand up fine, and support the kind of floppy sham covered pillows in front of them. If I wanted to use them alone they would be fine.
In the “olden day’s” when I was a kid, the bedspread tucked around the pillows with nothing else needed. Maybe we should bring back bedspreads.
I'd almost forgotten about old fashioned bedspreads! Had them when I was a kid. We just left our pillows laying flat, and the bedspread went under the pillows a little bit then over them to completely cover them.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
No way. That looks like a $30 a night hotel room. LOL.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Maybe, but it’s a solution for those who want to be throw pillow free.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:52 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,355,014 times
I have a king size bed and three pillows for each of us. One twin size pillow and two king size pillows. Just enough to prop you up and it looks nice and neat up against the headboard. I would only consider the outermost one sort of "decorative" because it goes with the duvet and we don't usually use it to sleep. But my husband always uses at least two pillows when sleeping anywhere. Usually we just take the top pillow off before bed but we do use it when sitting up in bed, so it seems like a reasonable compromise. (I also don't like the overuse of decorative pillows.)

Old 02-15-2019, 03:51 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So was it in older days. Trends are changing...

Spoiler

Old 02-15-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Everything old becomes new again.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:58 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
According to reports, making your bed every morning may be bad for your health.
When you get out of bed and make it right away you are trapping a lot of the moisture. Airing out the bed for awhile before making it can help reduce the moisture and reduce the number of dust mites, mold and bacteria as well.

You should throw back your bedding when you get up in the morning to let the moisture evaporate from your bed sheets and mattress, and air everything out.
While it makes sense, it doesn't need to look messy.
That's what I do: I open the window, stretch and tuck in my fitted bed sheet, fluff the pillows and place nicely on the top of the bed, fluff the duvet then pull it back to the end of the bed and let the bed air out and breathe for at least few hours before making it.
I sleep on natural latex, and it's very important to let it air out every day.
That's why:
https://www.nestbedding.com/blogs/ne...-foam-mattress.

Guests and visitors don't enter my bedroom, so I don't care if my bed looks perfectly made or not. It looks inviting, though...

Old 02-15-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
That look is just too old-fashioned for my tastes. I don’t really care if it becomes trendy or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating