Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 06:45 AM

30,293 posts, read 16,043,770 times

Advertisements

if you look around the90 minute mark, maybe a bit before, you can see where she went down, not up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZy0nSEn3iA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 12:19 PM

18,372 posts, read 31,484,458 times
Like almost everyone here, I agree, the TV does not look nice on the wall at all. No matter what you do, it will still look terrible.
to me, I would get a low credenza beneath it and take the TV off the wall and have it on a pedestal, or small TV stand placed on top of the credenza.

I know the rage these days is the TV hanging on the wall, and I don't care, its ugly.
Exactly like "Wildcard" has shown above is exactly what I meant (thank you WC).

You might have stated the TV can't be moved? yes it can. You either want to move it or you don't, but it can be moved, and it should.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:24 PM

[quote=Moonlady;54625873]That sounds cool but not in my budget at the moment.

Well, you see it was centered when we installed the mount. The mount requires a stud so I’d have to go 16 inches to the right or left. It’s actually centered when extended, but the resting position puts it to the right or left. I may end up investing in one of those mounts that doesn’t swing, but I do like the fact that I can angle it to the kitchen so I can watch while I’m prepping dinner.

I do think the console table is in order, but the beauty of internet only TV is that you don’t need other paraphernalia![/quote]

while I agree with what you mean, from a purely visionary perspective, the television does not look nice the way you have it. Im sorry, it simply does not look nice hanging there at all.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:01 PM

5,857 posts, read 11,863,730 times
[quote=nightcrawler;54670883]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
That sounds cool but not in my budget at the moment.

Well, you see it was centered when we installed the mount. The mount requires a stud so I’d have to go 16 inches to the right or left. It’s actually centered when extended, but the resting position puts it to the right or left. I may end up investing in one of those mounts that doesn’t swing, but I do like the fact that I can angle it to the kitchen so I can watch while I’m prepping dinner.

I do think the console table is in order, but the beauty of internet only TV is that you don’t need other paraphernalia![/quote]

while I agree with what you mean, from a purely visionary perspective, the television does not look nice the way you have it. Im sorry, it simply does not look nice hanging there at all.
Yes I came to that conclusion and if you read my most recent post I have decided to put something under it.

Last edited by Moonlady; 03-13-2019 at 02:16 PM..

Old 03-13-2019, 04:11 PM

[quote=Moonlady;54671965]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

Yes I came to that conclusion and if you read my most recent post I have decided to put something under it.

i stand corrected

Old 03-18-2019, 07:52 AM

Default Not done yet but getting there

While this isn't my finest decorating effort, I'm pretty pleased with the outcome so far for spending less than $100. Eventually I will replace the bookcase with a nicer console. I'm going to go look for some plants (the one that's there was borrowed form another room but I like the look of a plant in that space and on the other side) and some more decorations and picture frames for the bookcase.

The large picture frames will eventually hold pictures of the kids and grandkids.

So, thanks to all who made suggestions - I'm much happier with my wall now!

Old 03-18-2019, 09:12 AM

128 posts, read 103,514 times
That looks so much better than in the original photo.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:39 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,156,133 times
Looks good, no longer a lonely black box on the wall. I wish there was a way to project a something/picture/scenery, on the screen of these TV's but then you would probably have to leave them in all the time. I understand about having on wall bracket so you can turn it to see from another area.

Old 03-18-2019, 10:48 AM

50,096 posts, read 63,467,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Nice piece furniture would help~ Not sure what your taste is...
Yes, but she already said that there is no room for one. It would stick out into the walkway.

Old 03-18-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Yes, but she already said that there is no room for one. It would stick out into the walkway.
They do make narrow console tables that will work. My temorary solution with the bookcase is just about the right width. At least now I have something besides a big ugly wall until I find a better solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating