Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 04:07 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,282,036 times

Advertisements

When are you planning to move in? I hope that you enjoy your lovely new home!

btw, I, for one, really like your bathroom renovation plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 07:23 PM

4,212 posts, read 6,901,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
When are you planning to move in? I hope that you enjoy your lovely new home!

btw, I, for one, really like your bathroom renovation plan.
Thank you so much! We are officially moving in next weekend

And I understand that not everyone has the same tastes or will like my design for the bathroom. I have specific tastes that others don't share and that's totally understandable. However, I just don't feel like telling me I ruined something is very constructive, especially when it's based purely on an aesthetic from one or two pictures, and not the reality of living with that bathroom.

We are very close now. Progress pictures from today. I have some punchlist items for them and they still have to hang the mirror. But it's looking great. Walnut drawer fronts came out superb.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:18 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,673 times
Charming. I am loving your progress pics, thank you for sharing the updates with us. You must be excited to move in.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Charming. I am loving your progress pics, thank you for sharing the updates with us. You must be excited to move in.
Thank you

We are very excited! We've done a lot of other work (installing more clothing storage, painting, changing some light fixtures, adding some smart devices etc.) but the bathroom has been the biggest project and the biggest reason we couldn't move in. We are thrilled to see the bathroom come together so well and excited to finally move our furniture and art and decor in. I've already got the place fully planned out from that perspective, but it won't feel real until it's all in place.

Old 06-22-2019, 05:25 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Looking good! I used larger tiles like those in my bathroom shower, although I had them set in a traditional subway pattern, I liked the juxtaposition of the larger size with the more traditional layout. But I really like the way the stacked style is looking in there.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Looking good! I used larger tiles like those in my bathroom shower, although I had them set in a traditional subway pattern, I liked the juxtaposition of the larger size with the more traditional layout. But I really like the way the stacked style is looking in there.
Thanks! I have no problem with the traditional subway pattern at all. I think it looks great in all kinds of homes. There was just a certain streamlined look that I thought the stacked worked better for the style in this room for sure.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:22 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
How exciting! I want to wish you well on moving day, and I’d be delighted to see more pics.

I think your house is lovely. May you make many happy memories in it.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
How exciting! I want to wish you well on moving day, and I’d be delighted to see more pics.

I think your house is lovely. May you make many happy memories in it.
Thank you so much! We will have more pictures soon once we are done moving in. The bathroom is 100% complete though from a work standpoint! Contractor finished my punchlist on Monday.

Old 06-27-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotPutFX View Post
I love what you've done to the place, enjoy!
Thank you We are very excited.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:38 AM

Since we will probably get busy moving in and it will take a bit for me to get to hanging the hardware, shelves, art etc. I'll go ahead and post one more picture from right after the punchlist was completed. This room looks SO warm and inviting during the day right now (as you can see in the picture of just the vanity above), but this picture was late at night after a long day at work.

I added a lot of light to the space. I have overhead LEDs that can be adjusted for temperature from 2700-5000K and then the vanity lights I have as very white lights for better skin care and makeup application etc. In this picture, I was messing with the cooler/whiter side of all the lighting, but it is adjustable.

I am very excited to finish the room, but it is usable as-is and we need to get the whole house moved in first

I am particularly excited about 2 pieces of art we are buying from my wife's sister. Always nice to be able to hang up personal art! I think they will fit the space nicely once we get them framed too.

Last edited by Sunbather; 06-28-2019 at 10:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating