Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 06:12 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,170,747 times

Advertisements

I am going to take color samples and a small rug I purchased that matches the larger rug I got for the living room. We purchased the particular sofa because it has power lumbar built in. My husband is disabled and this is one of the few sectionals he could sit on comfortable. It only comes in this color. So I am going to make it work. Thank you for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 03:20 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,963,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
I am going to take color samples and a small rug I purchased that matches the larger rug I got for the living room. We purchased the particular sofa because it has power lumbar built in. My husband is disabled and this is one of the few sectionals he could sit on comfortable. It only comes in this color. So I am going to make it work. Thank you for your help
Good luck. I am sure you can do that.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:40 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,054,130 times
The photo of just the sectional with the white background looks more gray, but the picture of it in a fully furnished room looks more beige to me.

I would go to Benjamin Moore or another paint store like that and get a few different samples to try out on your wall to see what works best. It's not just the sofa color that impacts that - the lighting in the room can make colors read very differently. Get some that skew more grey and others that skew more beige, and it will be easy to see which direction works best i nthe actual room.

Old 07-08-2019, 12:07 PM

61,227 posts, read 86,103,763 times
The colors you see on your computer/phone screen are not the same you see when you look at the sofa in person. Even light (natural/el. bulb) makes a big difference. So, it's impossible to be accurate.

BTW: also make sure they explain EXACTLY what "genuine leather" means...
https://www.businessinsider.com/leat...-guide-2014-12

Old 07-10-2019, 06:31 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,170,747 times
Thank you I did get paint samples and I have a rug I want to put in front of the sectional, so I am going to go back to the store. That way I can bring samples of the tile with me too and see what color will go well with the livingroom as well as kitchen too.

Old 07-10-2019, 07:01 AM

2,373 posts, read 1,886,376 times
Be sure you also check on the lighting. If you have lots of light or very little...that can cause a change in the color.

As far as the pix...the two versions look different, one more grey, one more creamy white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating