Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 07:17 AM

2 posts, read 1,117 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! Just wanted to do a quick survey on Virtual Staging! How many of you have heard of it and what are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 08:21 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,197,375 times
Yes i have heard of it, and think its a waste of money. I look at pictures on line, i dont care what furniture they use. I actually prefer the house empty.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:05 PM

1,011 posts, read 976,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
Yes i have heard of it, and think its a waste of money. I look at pictures on line, i dont care what furniture they use. I actually prefer the house empty.
It’s not about the type of furniture. It’s about scale. Pictures can be misleading on how big a space is. Virtual staging would allow one to see what would fit in the space.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:52 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shipguy View Post
It’s not about the type of furniture. It’s about scale. Pictures can be misleading on how big a space is. Virtual staging would allow one to see what would fit in the space.

That's only if you know the dimensions of the "virtual" furniture.

A smart buyer would know the size of the furniture they have, can look at a space with a measuring tape and know for sure if their furniture would fit.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:18 PM

1,011 posts, read 976,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
That's only if you know the dimensions of the "virtual" furniture.

A smart buyer would know the size of the furniture they have, can look at a space with a measuring tape and know for sure if their furniture would fit.
Not if you’re only looking at pictures and only have dimensions on paper.

Old 08-22-2019, 04:15 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,197,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shipguy View Post
Unfortunately unless they stated the size of each piece it would make no difference. You can't tell how big a piece is form looking at it. Also you see a home beautifully furnished you go to the home its empty. That makes no sense. Just furnish it and be done with it or leave it empty.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:46 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
A bit off topic but I have found that Haverty's has a great 2 dimensional floor plan program that allows you to set the measurements of your furniture as well as a room, and it can really help with placement.

"Open floor plans" are especially deceiving in my opinion when it comes to space. Yes, they feel spacious but you have to keep in mind that you have to include walk ways - so what is the USABLE space?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating