Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 05:33 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I think this is really all about personal preferences. I love a 40/60 double bowl sink. I like the big side to put the dishes in sudsy water and the small side to rinse them off under running water. While cooking I like the big side to put used dishes in and the small side to rinse produce or other food items. My 9 1/2” inch deep, larger sized bowl (the 60 part) works perfectly fine for large items that can’t be put in the dishwasher. I would immediately replace a single bowl sink, most likely before I even moved in if that’s what was in a house I bought, but to each their own.
Yes, no right or wrong answer, just personal preference! NOT. THE. SAME. THING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 10:21 AM

71 posts, read 44,345 times
Yes, it's all about the size and personal preference. The ones I saw on my sites were soooo tiny!!! I haven't seen more tiny ones since posting, but prior to posting I came across a bunch of very tiny singles that made me wonder.

I definitely can see the benefit of both, as long as the size is conducive to use. Don't get me started on those showers that are so small you bump your elbows on the walls. LOLOL!

Old 10-10-2019, 04:02 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,483,632 times
I have a double sink, which was usually filled with dirty dishes. The counter space where I would put dishes is taken by the wide sink. Eventually I put dishes on a cart and rolled it away. A smaller sink would be an improvement, but not enough that I would pay for it.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:15 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,122,698 times
Love my deep, huge, single bowl sink. I will never have an awful double sink again and yes, if I am buying a new house, that will be a dealbreaker for me unless I was already planning to do some remodeling in the kitchen.

I have large stockpots and baking sheets and cooking dishes that don't fit into a double sink, and those are what I need to handwash, the regular dishes go in the dishwasher (also a dealbreaker to have)

Old 10-16-2019, 12:32 AM

61,428 posts, read 86,506,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Don't eat in any restaurant then.

Personally I'd rather not waste hot water pouring it down the drain to rinse dishes. If rinsing dishes in a sink full of water passes health code that's good enough for me.
Restaurants have dishwashers. They might soak their big pots and pans in a sink and scrub them first, but then they load them in a dishwasher.

I understand the water waste, but I am a single person household and I don't have big stacks to wash. So, I am ok with rinsing dishes under running water.
My water bill is always the minimum one has to pay, and I am conserving the water in other areas.

Old 10-16-2019, 01:32 AM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
I like both. I had one big sink in my first house, big enough for the baby bathtub to fit in which made bathing easy. I have a double now which is fine too. One side where cups and bowls go if they can't get into the DW immediately, and another side that stays open for other sink works and is where the garbage disposal is.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:34 AM

149 posts, read 164,064 times
I cook a lot. We almost never eat out. I loathe double sinks
Give me a big deep single sink every time. Finally changed out the crappy builder grade double in my vacation house for a composite single bowl you could bathe an 18 month old baby in!

Old 10-16-2019, 04:34 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times
Well, I don't have a baby and God knows I better not ever end up with one.

For the record, all my pots and pans and cookie sheets and all that fit fine in my double sink. I'm assuming a baby would too, but that doesn't mean I want to try it.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:04 PM

5,840 posts, read 5,249,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

For the record, all my pots and pans and cookie sheets and all that fit fine in my double sink. I'm assuming a baby would too, but that doesn't mean I want to try it.

Mine, too.

Cat

Old 10-17-2019, 08:16 AM

20,112 posts, read 16,089,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Mine, too.
Me three.

I think a lot of people complaining about double sinks have only had the builder grade models. A high end composite granite 40/60 double with 9” bowls is more than adequate for all my pots and pans. They also fit young grandchildren.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating