Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 06:03 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,194,222 times

Advertisements

Some of the items are really nice. Interesting anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 07:31 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
Thanks! Always love browsing on the web. Sometimes really get too caught up in it with finding the next newest - and end up with nothing but this will be fun. And, I just got the 30% off coupon in the mail. May have to spend some time on this!!

Old 10-10-2019, 08:30 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,305,920 times
Is that the toilet paper people, or the lawn fertilizer people?

Old 10-10-2019, 08:42 AM

6,553 posts, read 8,381,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post

The property brothers people.

Old 10-10-2019, 09:29 AM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
Quote:

S#!T on, S#!T in...
What's the difference?

It's amazing what some people will put their name on to make a buck!

Old 10-10-2019, 10:21 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,125,460 times
I looked at their new line, it looks good and typical of what you’d find in a nice store. The Property Brothers are amazingly talented and if they want to cash in, who can blame them?

I’d love to find a dream team like these guys to help me sell my house for a good price, and then find a fixer to turn into a dream home. Many realtors and contractors don’t have near the talent as these guys, they give bad advise, are incompetent, overpriced or dishonest. Johnathan and Drew are where they are, because they are good at their jobs.

Old 10-10-2019, 12:02 PM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
I looked at their new line, it looks good and typical of what you’d find in a nice store. The Property Brothers are amazingly talented and if they want to cash in, who can blame them?

I’d love to find a dream team like these guys to help me sell my house for a good price, and then find a fixer to turn into a dream home. Many realtors and contractors don’t have near the talent as these guys, they give bad advise, are incompetent, overpriced or dishonest. Johnathan and Drew are where they are, because they are good at their jobs.

Here's a perfect example of glazed-over eyes. This is what HGTV "entertainment" can do to the uninformed.

There is so much "behind the scenes" and preproduction it would make your head spin! And which ever one wears the toolbelt; it's just for show because it goes well with the half-beard!

Old 10-10-2019, 12:26 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,305,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
...Johnathan and Drew are where they are, because they are good at their jobs...
Don't lose sight of the fact that their job is 1) Advertising for the products placed on the show; 2) Entertaining the viewers so they will see the advertisements shown in the commercial breaks and the product placement wtihin the show, hopefully motivating purchases.

It's very important to always keep in mind that television exists to be a delivery device for advertising.

Old 10-10-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Here's a perfect example of glazed-over eyes. This is what HGTV "entertainment" can do to the uninformed.

There is so much "behind the scenes" and preproduction it would make your head spin! And which ever one wears the toolbelt; it's just for show because it goes well with the half-beard!
Yes, they have behind the scenes help, but they are still good at their jobs. They got the show because they are smart, knowledgeable guys, not some schulbs picked up off the street. Jonathan does know about redoing homes, I’ve seen utube videos of him working away from the series. Drew seems to be an excellent realtor with a good eye for detail. In real life, you have to roll up your pants and watch where you walk. The business of real estate and contractors attracts a lot of crooked, lazy people who shouldn’t be in the business. These guys are honest and hardworking.

Old 10-10-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Don't lose sight of the fact that their job is 1) Advertising for the products placed on the show; 2) Entertaining the viewers so they will see the advertisements shown in the commercial breaks and the product placement wtihin the show, hopefully motivating purchases.

It's very important to always keep in mind that television exists to be a delivery device for advertising.
The guys were doing their jobs before being chosen for the show, they created their own real estate business even before The Property Brothers. With their good looks, great personalities and spark of down to earth cowboy, they are appealing and choosing them is a good reflection on their bosses. There is nothing wrong with these guys or the network making money, The Property Brothers deserve it more than many in their field.

Last edited by Taz22; 10-10-2019 at 02:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating