Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 05:24 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times

Advertisements

I have seen some pleated paper blinds that are NOT cellular (honeycomb double layers) shades in several homes lately. They do not have cords. They are the kind you just push up and they stay there. They are one piece of what looks like paper.

We need window treatments for 5 windows and 2 French doors. They look nice and are probably less expensive than the cellular blinds. Anybody bought these? Do you like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2019, 07:23 PM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
I had them in half round windows. I believe I got them at Home Depot and honestly they were like $5 each. We did not ever open of close them; they stayed fixed. They were fine, but honestly because they were higher up you didn't really see them closely. If this is what you are talking about, they were fine but not really functional if you plan on opening and closing them. And yes, they were paper!

Old 12-04-2019, 08:06 PM

Yes, we would be opening and closing them. My cousin just put her hand at the bottom and lifted them up. Might be a problem here.

Old 12-05-2019, 03:00 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
I used them too for privacy when we were waiting for window treatments. They have a chip clip type thingy to hold them up if that is what you are referring to. Not something I would consider for full time use unless it is for the purpose the above poster mentioned.

Old 12-05-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I used them too for privacy when we were waiting for window treatments. They have a chip clip type thingy to hold them up if that is what you are referring to. Not something I would consider for full time use unless it is for the purpose the above poster mentioned.
That kind of temporary blind is not the same. The ones I saw were similar paper but somewhat heavier. No clip type things—they have an actual plastic piece across the bottom and the ability to raise the blind by pushing up that bar piece. They are nicer than the temporary kind.

Old 12-05-2019, 05:42 PM

7,244 posts, read 7,066,230 times
I had some in ky. They are acceptable. Highly not recommended if you have kids or cats.

Old 12-12-2019, 08:24 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I have seen some pleated paper blinds that are NOT cellular (honeycomb double layers) shades in several homes lately. They do not have cords. They are the kind you just push up and they stay there. They are one piece of what looks like paper.

We need window treatments for 5 windows and 2 French doors. They look nice and are probably less expensive than the cellular blinds. Anybody bought these? Do you like them.
I had one in my bathroom window. You really couldn't adjust it open and closed often as it is quite flimsy. I've always seen them touted as a "temporary" blind. Mine eventually fell down as they are put on using adhesive.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:27 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,327,765 times
I have 2 of them in my house, one in the kitchen and one on a french door. After my remodel couldn't decide what type of blind I wanted in those locations and left the temporary shades up for 2 years until I bought these from home depot.

Work well

Old 12-14-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
I have 2 of them in my house, one in the kitchen and one on a french door. After my remodel couldn't decide what type of blind I wanted in those locations and left the temporary shades up for 2 years until I bought these from home depot.

Work well
Thanks!

Old 02-16-2020, 01:31 AM

572 posts, read 324,861 times
These type of window blinds are not durable and can only serve for temporary purpose. If you only want them to be there on temporary bases then it is ok otherwise you will have to be replacing them soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating