Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:03 PM

5,640 posts, read 24,849,524 times

Advertisements

I have had a light fruitwood that looked pretty good and antiqued honey colored cabinets that looked good. I currently have some medium pecan cabinets with white appliance (not my choice but what was in the house) and I don't think it looks that good (plan to switch to SS appliances in the future).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 06:47 AM

49,954 posts, read 63,265,686 times
I like what people are saying about using pastels or light woodtone. I think there is too much contrast when you use white with dark cabinets. You don't really want to draw attention to the appliances..they should just blend in as much as possible.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:42 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,275,872 times
We have light oak cabnets with white appliances and my neighbor has white wash with white appliances. they both look pretty good. i think it is all about preference.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 5,311 times
Have to keep white appliances in kitchn rebuild from flood. Cabinets offered are a dark finish and a deep honey color....sink has to be reused and it is stainless steel..Which cabinet color should we choose...wood trim around doors and pantries and pantry doors are white... cannot be redone either
Floor will probably be some kind of ceramic tile.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:39 PM

5,230 posts, read 6,145,548 times
Between dark and honey colored- I'd go with honey.

In my last place I replaced white appliances one at a time before tackling the kitchen- so all replacements had been white so as to not stand out. I ended up doing blue lowers and white uppers. Worked out great because you had color below and the white above tied everything together and is what was seen from the next room.

If I did that over again I would probably go with a mint lower like the poster upthread suggested and white counters/white uppers.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,967,846 times
IMO white appliances are best with light colored cabinets. White cabinets are ok - but light to medium oak is a winner. Other types of wood are fine but I'd stay away from dark colored woods. The counter top can pull it together - I like to have a mottled color that may have flicks of white, almond and browns to pull the white appliances and wood colors together.
Best wishes

Old 08-29-2010, 03:41 PM

101 posts, read 353,418 times
Default could you share a picture of your modern look kitchen

I have blonde and light color cabinets and white appliance also, and I going for a modern look too.
I want to be inpired by your kitchen c/z right now my kitchen looks pretty bland as the wall is white and nothing really special about it.
I am going to get granite countertop but unsure about color too.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
We have a light maple (blonde) cabinet with our white appliances. We have a contemporary look and it works very well. Actually we will be changing out our white applicances for stainless when the time comes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating