Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:30 PM

394 posts, read 1,502,855 times

Advertisements

I googled Wilson Laminate and found your countertop surface. Very nice surface and looks like granite! Our former home had a Wilsonart Laminate that had a black/granite look too it (similar, not not exactly like yours) we had them install the countertops with a rounded edge and honestly we had tons of folks who came to our home and thought we had granite....but, I digress!

We had black/white flooring and it looked awesome. If you want to go with tile floor and/or back splash, I would look at something in the off-white/white family. Defintely not beige - too much pink in beige. I agree that you would want to look at cooler tones with the black coutertops/appliances etc. and also with the cherry colored maple cabinets. As far as wall paint...perhaps you could start with a neutral color such as a cool grey and if you want to change that later, you could do so easily. It might be easier to not worry too much about your wall color yet and focus on the more permanent items so you could see how it looks together instead of trying to visualize everything together.

Do you have the services of a decor coordinator with the services of your builder? They can be invaluable and have lots of experience.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 08:48 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,255,611 times
I think a gray would look awesome! Let us know what you pick..maybe post some pics so we can get a good idea!

Old 04-24-2008, 07:27 AM

652 posts, read 2,659,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseynj View Post
I think a beige tile wood look nice with your cabinets and countertop. If you have a cabinet door and a countertop sample tile available, just bring them with you to the tile store. Beige has many different tones such as pink, gold grey etc., you will have many choices. Good luck.
I didnt think about that. but the opposite. If you can borrow or buy a couple of samples of tile you are thinking about do it. bring it home and set them on the floor next to different items. look at the way the colors compliment(or not) each other at different times of day. I did that when I redid my kitchen. I also did a backsplash so I also put them up on the counter and would move them around and look at them several times througout the day.
I think a very light grey would look beautiful for the walls

Old 02-08-2012, 07:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
We have cabinets in the same color you're talking about, and UbaTuba (black/green/gold) granite tops. We used Gunstock oak flooring, and it's a great combination. If I was going to substitute tile for the wood, I'd probably go with something in a rust, gold, or green range- something with some variation and a somewhat natural look.
Hi bob. i am in the process of building a new home. we have selected cordavan cabinets with tan brown granite. not too far off in color from your uba tuba. tan brown has red in place of some of the green in uba.

But we are having a really hard time selecting our hadrwood color. i was thinking gunstock as well. our floors are made from red oak. I see that you have this combination and i was wondering if you could provide a picture? also do you know which brand stain was used? Ours will be minwax. when i look at the gunstock sample on minwaxs site it seems pretty orange. but when ive looked online at pictures of red oak stained with this color it lloks like a very nice and warm reddish brown. would you agree? i think that the stain going on red oak as opposed to white could account for this variation. what are your thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating