Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 08:43 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,129,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
Apparently I don’t know what I like lol. I attached a photo of what I was trying to go for. Wanted something cozy, neutral and somewhat rustic? But I guess due to my lighting and couch coloring it’s not really working ? I got the floral rug I have now to try and get there but too close to my couch. Everyone was saying to get more color and I do really like this vintage boho rug. I tend to veer off track a lot! I think some of the rugs I posted would get me more where I was going but I want what would look best with the space so now not sure how to proceed.
I thought you were going with the blue and terra cotta rug, sorry for the misunderstanding! Your colors are good, neutrals with a punch of color are the best.

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/...duct=art-print

https://www.greatbigcanvas.com/view/...EaAtddEALw_wcB

https://www.juliabarsfineart.com/art...ral-blue-gray/

These prints have enough colors to pick up colors in your room. It depends on if you like abstracts or more traditional prints. For the wall, I’d definitely suggest go big or go home, lol. 30 by 30 or larger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 08:50 AM

3,375 posts, read 1,968,473 times
Have you considered a solid or tweed type of rug in a brighter color? All of the patterned ones you've posted look tired and ordinary. Also I think an oval rug would fit the space better than a rectangle which seems to get in the way of the entry path into the house. But then again, I'm of the opinion of no rug in the area at all. I would use a roll up yoga mat for working out.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:11 AM

670 posts, read 479,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
I thought you were going with the blue and terra cotta rug, sorry for the misunderstanding! Your colors are good, neutrals with a punch of color are the best.

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/...duct=art-print

https://www.greatbigcanvas.com/view/...EaAtddEALw_wcB

https://www.juliabarsfineart.com/art...ral-blue-gray/

These prints have enough colors to pick up colors in your room. It depends on if you like abstracts or more traditional prints. For the wall, I’d definitely suggest go big or go home, lol. 30 by 30 or larger.
Well I was deciding between all the ones I posted. I do like the terra cotta rug but wondering if it’s straying too far from the look I was going for. If I did the terra cotta rug and floral pics would that make it softer ? Those floral photos are definitely my style.

So a big pic as opposed to 3 smaller ?

Old 02-15-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
Have you considered a solid or tweed type of rug in a brighter color? All of the patterned ones you've posted look tired and ordinary. Also I think an oval rug would fit the space better than a rectangle which seems to get in the way of the entry path into the house. But then again, I'm of the opinion of no rug in the area at all. I would use a roll up yoga mat for working out.
I have considered solid but not sure what color ? Think I’m sticking with the retanglenbecause going to layer the smaller one over bigger one. Just got the bigger jute recently so don’t want to change yet.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Well I was deciding between all the ones I posted. I do like the terra cotta rug but wondering if it’s straying too far from the look I was going for. If I did the terra cotta rug and floral pics would that make it softer ? Those floral photos are definitely my style.

So a big pic as opposed to 3 smaller ?
You’ve got a traditional look now, but that tribal rug would work. If you get the tribal rug, add some boho pillows and a pop of color over the sofa in colors that pick up the rug colors. Either one big picture and I’d stay with the canvas instead of a framed print. If you like three pictures, that would work too. The main thing is to find pictures that pick up the colors in whatever rug you decide on.

Also, if you like neutral colors, but add a colorful rug, pictures and pillows, you’ll change overall look of the room, so yes, you’ll be straying from the original plan. Depends on if you want to add color or like neutrals better.

Last edited by Taz22; 02-15-2021 at 10:27 AM..

Old 02-15-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
You’ve got a traditional look now, but that tribal rug would work. If you get the tribal rug, add some boho pillows and a pop of color over the sofa in colors that pick up the rug colors. Either one big picture and I’d stay with the canvas instead of a framed print. If you like three pictures, that would work too. The main thing is to find pictures that pick up the colors in whatever rug you decide on.

Also, if you like neutral colors, but add a colorful rug, pictures and pillows, you’ll change overall look of the room, so yes, you’ll be straying from the original plan. Depends on if you want to add color or like neutrals better.
Ok I want to do what looks best. I do like neutral colors so I think the other rugs I posted would be more neutral besides the other multi color rug. I actually ordered samples to check so will see how they look in person. If the boho one looks best with the couch and overall then may end up doing that.

Old 02-15-2021, 12:11 PM

3,375 posts, read 1,968,473 times
Quote:
I have considered solid but not sure what color ? Think I’m sticking with the retanglenbecause going to layer the smaller one over bigger one. Just got the bigger jute recently so don’t want to change yet.
Got it I think you had mentioned that a while ago. I do like the jute rug on its own but I know it doesn't have the softness you're looking for. Your home has come a long way from when you started and you're doing this with a little one to care for. Looking good!

Old 02-15-2021, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Ok I want to do what looks best. I do like neutral colors so I think the other rugs I posted would be more neutral besides the other multi color rug. I actually ordered samples to check so will see how they look in person. If the boho one looks best with the couch and overall then may end up doing that.
Ok, when you decide on the rug you want, post a picture of it. The colors you have now look good together, so a brighter color rug probably isn’t the way to go. You’ve done a lot of work on the room, it’s looking great!

Old 02-15-2021, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Ok, when you decide on the rug you want, post a picture of it. The colors you have now look good together, so a brighter color rug probably isn’t the way to go. You’ve done a lot of work on the room, it’s looking great!
Yea that’s the dilemma. I do like the neutrals I have now but I see why the current rug doesn’t work. If I change to the boho one I have to change a few other things. Was hoping to just change rug. We’ll see how samples look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating