Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2022, 06:17 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I took a quick look at the online catalog, and you are right that there are some beautiful things and ideas there. However, one pillow I saw is very similar to one I bought at TJ for $25.00.

I love these higher end catalogs for inspiration and then I go out and find similar items or look for them online.

Still can't find an affordable linen bedcover, though. What is with all the duvet covers? Is it a custom to use these in the summer? with a lightweight comforter?
We just use a very light blanket, which I'd hoped to layer with a light weight bedcover in linen.

The search continues.
I agree. It’s much too hot here for duvets.
Do you sew? There’s an online linen store that has free patterns when you buy their fabrics.

https://fabrics-store.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2022, 06:25 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I agree. It’s much too hot here for duvets.
Do you sew? There’s an online linen store that has free patterns when you buy their fabrics.

https://fabrics-store.com/
Not to highjack the thread but how do those patterns work? I haven't sewn in 40 years at least anything that requires a pattern, but who has paper that large - maybe I am missing something.

Old 03-09-2022, 07:01 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Not to highjack the thread but how do those patterns work? I haven't sewn in 40 years at least anything that requires a pattern, but who has paper that large - maybe I am missing something.
I have made a blouse from their pattern. Something like a duvet cover might not require a pattern, but only instructions.

The pattern gets downloaded as a pdf. It prints on 8x11” pages, which you tape together.

Old 03-10-2022, 06:18 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Quote:
I have made a blouse from their pattern. Something like a duvet cover might not require a pattern, but only instructions.

The pattern gets downloaded as a pdf. It prints on 8x11” pages, which you tape together.
Thanks. A friend of mine told me the other day that she was looking to make something for a baby and went to the store to buy a pattern. She had not bought patterns for years and was shocked that every one of them was $19.95. I recall them being so reasonable, but then again so was fabric back then.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:56 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
I took a quick look at the online catalog, and you are right that there are some beautiful things and ideas there. However, one pillow I saw is very similar to one I bought at TJ for $25.00.

I love these higher end catalogs for inspiration and then I go out and find similar items or look for them online.

Still can't find an affordable linen bedcover, though. What is with all the duvet covers? Is it a custom to use these in the summer? with a lightweight comforter?
We just use a very light blanket, which I'd hoped to layer with a light weight bedcover in linen.

The search continues.
I'm not sure what you want to pay, but I've bought from this "indie" linen company over the years. This page shows "linen summer covers." The founder says she started her company for her love of linen. She was handmaking her products and since then has expanded her line and hired staff. Lots of pretty colors, too! Anyway, just thought I'd mention it. Good luck!

https://www.roughlinen.com/collectio...ers-collection

Old 03-14-2022, 07:03 PM

I love Serena & Lily, too, but I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money. Even when there's a sale, I'll think, Oh, a sale, maybe I can get something. But then I look and then think, No, I guess not. I still get their emails, but I rarely even open them anymore. lol

Old 03-14-2022, 08:24 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,009 times
Quote:
I just got a catalog and I had never heard of it before. The catalog is beautiful, although too expensive for me. I’m in the market for a dining room rug, and some new bedding, but not a $4000. rug or a $400. quilt. Nice for ideas though.

Rugs, furniture, clothing and bedding. Just lovely, if you have the budget.

They are building a warehouse nearby, so I suppose that is why I got the catalog.
Never heard of them, but very nice! You can always find knock offs that cost a lot less. It’s fun to shop, no matter what your budget is.

Old 03-15-2022, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I just got a catalog and I had never heard of it before. The catalog is beautiful, although too expensive for me. I’m in the market for a dining room rug, and some new bedding, but not a $4000. rug or a $400. quilt. Nice for ideas though.

Rugs, furniture, clothing and bedding. Just lovely, if you have the budget.

They are building a warehouse nearby, so I suppose that is why I got the catalog.
I just got an email that they're having a 20%-off sale.

Old 03-17-2022, 04:26 PM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I'm not sure what you want to pay, but I've bought from this "indie" linen company over the years. This page shows "linen summer covers." The founder says she started her company for her love of linen. She was handmaking her products and since then has expanded her line and hired staff. Lots of pretty colors, too! Anyway, just thought I'd mention it. Good luck!

https://www.roughlinen.com/collectio...ers-collection
Thank you Sea!! I will check this out.

Old 03-20-2022, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Thank you Sea!! I will check this out.
Hope you find something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating