Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 04:24 PM

850 posts, read 3,157,940 times

Advertisements

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/kimmieyky/Mel2.jpg (broken link)

This is Mel...I'm having fun now!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2007, 04:27 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
The kitchen (and our whole place as well) is done up Santa-Fe style I guess youd call it. We have some Native American pottery and sand paintings we picked up from Sante Fe, some chile ristras hanging around, western style suede placemats, and chili pepper diningware/saltshakers/etc. We also have a cool sombrero-looking serving dish that we picked up in NM, complete with red dried chilis as decorations.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:39 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times
Ohhh Kimmiey is Mel an Austalian Shepherd (or did she get that coat from a Catahoula ancestor)? Either way, what a cutie! And Max...how can you ~not~ just tug on those ears!

I must be strange, I kinda like the floors the way they are! I once saw an architect's cabin that was totally plywood. They just poly-coated everything and had industrial looking hardware and it was pretty darn cool.

Thanks for the comments on my kitchen. One of the reasons the house "spoke" to me was the light(all those windows) and the space. The BLUE formica countertops, the cheap electric range and the cheesy vinyl flooring....I can do without

Old 01-17-2007, 04:41 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times
Steve-o we need some pictures of that!

Old 01-17-2007, 05:01 PM

You guys shouls have NEVER taught me how to do this. Steve-o - I absolutely need some lighting help - and I want to see your kitchen....

Mel is Lab and Australian Shepherd mix. The 'ugliest' puppy at the pound, they said...Best dog in the world. And Max is the guard dog. Don't let those cute ears fool you ! He has bitten about 6 people who have come in the house and yard - the cable guy was one, and Josh's girlfriend was another. Sorry, he loves his mommy! I can't let him out of my sight if we are outside, and the yard is fenced!

Okay, you are looking at my kitchen, bedroom and living room. The den picture was too dark (worse than these!)

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/kimmieyky/DSC00126.jpg (broken link)

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/kimmieyky/DSC00129.jpg (broken link)

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/kimmieyky/DSC00131.jpg (broken link)

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/kimmieyky/DSC00128.jpg (broken link)

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/kimmieyky/DSC00132.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by kimmieyky; 01-17-2007 at 05:16 PM..

Old 01-17-2007, 05:50 PM

4,781 posts, read 2,082,719 times
Nice pictures Kimmieyky . Congratulations on learning how to put up pictures!
I have tried a few times with no success. This evening my husband said he will try to help me. I don't even know how to download my pictures from the camera to the computer.
My bedroom could use some biggggg help after seeing yours. You have decorated your house very nice.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:55 PM

215 posts, read 312,069 times
My kitchen is forest green (including sinks and marble-look countertops) with white appliances. The wood trim is a pecan color. I fell in love with the color scheme when we bought the house and I've added a hand-painted wisteria platter that was a gift from our realtor. I like the washer/dryer off the kitchen..does anyone else have that? How convenient! I never realized how much I could multi-task until I got my kitchen.. What a racket, though! The oven's going, the microwave, washer and dryer each have their loads, talk radio's on with another political outrage...then, you look outside to the beautiful pine trees and you don't even notice.

I have my roosters, too! A rooster lamp and place mats. Those are mostly on my utility counter (which is a nice way of saying 'junk' counter) which you don't see as you come into the kitchen, being more off to the side.. I've always liked them, they're just not the focus anymore.

Kimmieyky...I love your doggies. Our pets make the kitchen their home, too.

Plaidmom..a sunny kitchen!! We really have that only in winter which makes my african violet very happy. Was never able to grow them successfully until just recently. Doesn't every kitchen have a plant somewhere?

Steve-o..Santa-Fe..with the pottery sounds really nice. Anything handmade adds to the appeal of a home..It's funny how a room would look really sterile until somebody adds pottery or something unique ..

Have any of you heard of Alexandra Stoddard? I discovered her when I was home with the baby (many years ago) and was still running around "nesting" which started during pregnancy. She makes you look at your home in a new light, talking about color and the emotions and living day to day....

Old 01-17-2007, 06:04 PM

892 posts, read 2,371,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmieyky View Post

DBNN - looks like Looking.. just gave us a lesson! I am going to try that soon. Hopefully I can get the camera to work!

And...Looking you are NOT a lazy typer! I right click all the time. If I couldn't cut and paste, I wouldn't know how to function. Off topic - but I have a question -having never used a MAC - is there no right click button?

Kimmiey
hello, no, no right click on a mac. Just one button. You can click on the desktop and still get a small menu to pop up. You don't need it on a Mac. They are easier but different from "pc's".
I'll get my pictures up later tonight for you all.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:19 PM

DBNN - when I went to photobucket - it did not seem to be working right. I signed up, logged in and hit create - but it threw me back to sign up. I clicked on another link inside, and it showed me logged in. SO - I went ahead to the 'browse' spot, and opened it - it just happened to work.

Keep playing with it - you'll get it.

As for the camera part, either my son or hubby has to do it. I haven't tried it myself yet! Miss my 35mm!!

Thanks guys for the compliments.....keep posting those pics...

Old 01-17-2007, 08:10 PM

4,781 posts, read 2,082,719 times

If this worked . This is my husband's new project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating