Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:39 AM

24 posts, read 121,715 times

Advertisements

A few comments to add...I think with doing a contract and having both parties (you and the home owner) sign it before any work is done, then that is the best way to ensure you get payed. That is what I do with all the remodel jobs I contract. I even ask for a 1/4 payment up front when the contract is signed and use it for materials and a way to make sure they are 100% in this and not just trying to scam some free work. Once again though, most people will pay and it wont be a problem. There have been 2 jobs that I have done in about a 10 year time period where I didn't get the final payment from the home owner. Both of those jobs were not enough money to go after the people and take them to court. My second comment would be for pennquaker09. First, a Architect and a Interior designer are nothing a like and to get a degree in architecture you have to start your five years of school out by majoring in architecture or engineering. Architects design the frame and add texture to the project, then the engineers re-design what the architect originally made but with minimal changes and make sure is is structurally sound and functional. Then the interior design comes in and adds their touch to the project with more surface texture and color. I have a couple friends who do commercial interior design and they are very well known in my area and have extensive college training but they know nothing about architecture. However, I do agree that just having your ASID does not make you a interior designer. Im sure many people have the eye for interior design and maybe even know a lot about the field, but to everyone else you are working for that does not matter unless you have something that says you have a degree in interior design. I think canyontothesky can totally do what she is wanting without the full degree, she will just have to work harder and market herself more to start a good reputation for herself in the area that she lives. That's all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 951 times
Default design

[FONT=Tahoma]Having a hard time to find an interior designer? No need to be worry because Westwood interior designer is here to serve and provide you the best service that you are searching for in interior designing. Their expertise will be show to render you the best among the rest service.[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] [URL="http://www.revedesign.com"]Interior Design Firm based in Los Angeles, CA | REve Design Inc.[/URL][/FONT]

Old 11-26-2008, 05:13 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,345,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanTile View Post
A few comments to add...I think with doing a contract and having both parties (you and the home owner) sign it before any work is done, then that is the best way to ensure you get payed. That is what I do with all the remodel jobs I contract. I even ask for a 1/4 payment up front when the contract is signed and use it for materials and a way to make sure they are 100% in this and not just trying to scam some free work. Once again though, most people will pay and it wont be a problem. There have been 2 jobs that I have done in about a 10 year time period where I didn't get the final payment from the home owner. Both of those jobs were not enough money to go after the people and take them to court. My second comment would be for pennquaker09. First, a Architect and a Interior designer are nothing a like and to get a degree in architecture you have to start your five years of school out by majoring in architecture or engineering. Architects design the frame and add texture to the project, then the engineers re-design what the architect originally made but with minimal changes and make sure is is structurally sound and functional. Then the interior design comes in and adds their touch to the project with more surface texture and color. I have a couple friends who do commercial interior design and they are very well known in my area and have extensive college training but they know nothing about architecture. However, I do agree that just having your ASID does not make you a interior designer. Im sure many people have the eye for interior design and maybe even know a lot about the field, but to everyone else you are working for that does not matter unless you have something that says you have a degree in interior design. I think canyontothesky can totally do what she is wanting without the full degree, she will just have to work harder and market herself more to start a good reputation for herself in the area that she lives. That's all

Interior design is not solely texture and color. Any person with a sense of style can do that. Interior Design and architecture have a lot fo courses that overlap. They deal with modifying structure, electrical systems, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating