Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2008, 08:02 PM

107 posts, read 398,322 times

Advertisements

We have been in our new house for a year and ready to hire someone to paint. What do you all think I would be charged for the following rooms....

Eating Area 80sq feet
Great Room Area 330 sq feet
Foyer 7' 8" x 10' feet

Flex Space 256 sq feet
Bedroom 1 -144 sq feet
Bedroom 2- 350 sq feet
Two bathrooms (unsure of the measurements)

Thanks for your help
P.s. all the walls are painted with flat paint (white)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 08:23 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,449,610 times
Depends on where Lexington is and the condition of each of the rooms. Lexington, Ky, Lexington, Ma or some other Lexington? Each place has different rates.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:31 PM

620 posts, read 1,950,910 times
We just had almost our entire home painted and it cost 5900. The original quote was 6500,but we talked them down. I can't tell you how much yours will cost,but I can give you some tips that might help before you hire someone.

Do not go with just one bid on the job. We got 4 bids that ranged from 3500 -6500. We actual picked the most expensive based on their reputation, and presentation when they came to the house.

The lowest bid said that it would take 3-4 weeks to complete the job! I did NOT want two guys in my house every day for that long.

The people we ended up going with painted it in three days. They painted, did the trim, primed the walls, cleaned the walls, and painted two ceilings.

I would suggest you ask these questions:
1. How long will it take to complete the job?
2. What type of paint will be used?
3.Will they supply the paint or do you have to purchase it?-2 people said we had to get it
4. Will they prime the walls and clean them?
5.Recommendations from previous clients
6. Do they have insurance/bonded
7. Will they move the furniture or do you have to prepare it first
8. Will they put back up the items such as the towel bars, etc in the bathroom.(Ours didn't)
9.Cost

Hope these help because some of the issues came up and I didn't know about them. Good luck.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:17 PM

83 posts, read 259,468 times
It will be a big help raising3boys.. the list of questionnaires you have there is what we are most likely to ask ourselves.. thanks for having it listed orderly..

Old 10-27-2008, 07:04 PM

107 posts, read 398,322 times
thanks so much. we are in lexington south carolina. raising3boys thanks so much for the list of questions. i knew i would find some good advice on cd!

Old 10-27-2008, 08:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
A really good comp0any will supplythsi information. They also wil;l do samples if you want by coating the walls to give you a idea of what the color will really look like better. If your going to have it doen this cost very little and can cut down on disapointmnet on colors being different when dry in that room.Remeber also if the present ceiliong is white or light and the new color in darker that the whole paint job will look quite different.Be sure also to use the best quailty paint if payign someone and you want it to last longer. If wood work I alwsy recoomend oil base paint but it will probably be more expensive becasue mo0st painters don'tlike to use it because of dry time. It is much tougher for trim tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating