Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 09:32 PM

13 posts, read 41,328 times

Advertisements

I grew up in an old colonial home. We had a light fixture over the dining room table that could be moved on a track from one end of the table to the other. The cable that held the light fixture came down and there was a big "ball" that held more cable and you could pull the light fixture down low and "spring loaded" it could be raised back up again.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Do they still sell anything like that? What is it called? How would I get such hardware?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 01:02 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
I know exactly what you are talking about, but I don't know the official name. If you knew the name you could probably google to find lots of commercial venders....plus on ebay.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:32 AM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
It's called a pulley light. I've seen some online; there seems to be renewed interest in them lately. I haven't seen any on a track.

Porter Pendant | Pottery Barn

Old 01-22-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It's called a pulley light. I've seen some online; there seems to be renewed interest in them lately. I haven't seen any on a track.

Porter Pendant | Pottery Barn
Thanks for your help. I am going to try googling right now!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:16 PM

To Gerania:
The pulley lights are neat. They do have the "ball" that holds the spring-loaded cable that I described, but ours had no pulleys. I will consider the pulley fixtures, but would still like to find one on a track. So still inviting more help from other readers. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating