Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 01:34 PM

146 posts, read 625,944 times

Advertisements

We've selected Windham cream for the living room, but stuck on dining room (which is near the LR) and master bedroom upstairsi. For the DR, thinking either a subtle green or tan. Anyone familiar with these shades: squire hill buff, limestone or baby turtle?

For our bedroom, the task is even harder. I would like a warm, welcoming subtle creamy beige, but there are hundreds of these! The room is small so needs some help in that area too. Anyone have a suggestion or familar with Everlasting, Malton, Monroe Bisque, Power Buff and Barely Beige? The bedding and curtains will be pale blue (think restoration hardware).

Sorry this is so jumbled, but been looking at BM's site all day--losing my mind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 02:57 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
Here's what I did; BM Putnam Ivory throughout the house except in the foyer (Lenox Tan) and the office (Danville Tan) and an accent wall in my family room (Danville Tan)

I tend to gravitate towards those warm, earthy neutrals and using the three colors helps with the flow from room to room.

Here's a couple pics of my dining and foyer;

Here's my family room with the Danville Tan on the fireplace wall;

I've keep the color scheme basically the same (ivory, white, greens with punches of color in the accessories) throughout the house.

One thing I did do was buy those sample jars and even quarts of colors I had narrowed down to; Put them on the wall in different areas.

Last edited by sanrene; 02-19-2009 at 03:06 PM..

Old 02-19-2009, 06:54 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
I am so not a tan/beige paint color person - I like the green shade in the last picture.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
It took me forever to get a color scheme. I had 2x2 paint "squares" all over the house.

I like to keep the walls neutral and let the accessories/decor provide the color and texture.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:24 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,045,077 times
We used Shaker Beige in our entry and large upstairs landing area - it is a color that goes with any just about anything.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:53 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,981,249 times
When I was stuck on colors that needed to flow between rooms, I went to brick-n-mortar paint stores/home improvement stores and stood in front of the array of chips. They're displayed with flow in mind. I would find the beginning color and then look at the chips around it to see what tickled my fancy.

Because I found I was making these treks often, I ended up buying a fan of chips with all the current BM colors from a paint store and now I can stare at colors in the privacy of my home whenever I want :-)

Old 02-22-2009, 11:17 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,298 times
I also like the green. too much of the neutral/tans etc gets pretty boring. spice it up!

Old 02-22-2009, 07:31 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,148,394 times
Default Squire Hill Buff Feedback

I used Squire Hill Buff in my previous home and absolutely LOVED it! I've attached a photo, and it shows the rooms with lots of light, but I do have another one in the upstairs hall with not so much light. Let me know if you need that one. If that is just a bit dark for you, we used the next color chip up on that strip, Blonde Wood, in our basement at the old home, and in the family room of this home. Let me know if you would like to see that one.
Attached Thumbnails
Can anyone help with BM paint recommendations?-family-room-10.jpg  

Old 02-24-2009, 07:38 AM

146 posts, read 625,944 times
thanks very much onevthoki. It looks great, and is making me consider it for my family room too! It does look like it leans yellow though--is that true? If so, it might not be best suited for the dining, but def for somewhere! If you have more photos or other neutral paint selections you've had success with, let me know.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:53 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,360 times
Depending on lite in the dgrm and how much distance there is between the windham cream - the Squire Hill Bluff may show a pink undertone and the Limestone will pull a grey tone into it. The Baby Turtle is a dark color and won't reflect much lite, you will need alot of lite in that room. Dark colors absorb lite. It is also abit drab so will need to use a punch of color to off set it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating