Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,984 times

Advertisements

Hi. I just painted my living room Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue (more of an aqua colored blue). What color should I paint my kitchen/dining room that opens up to the living room??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 05:19 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,658,354 times
What colors are in those rooms? I would say a nice light cappacino color.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:40 PM

93 posts, read 645,944 times
We have a blu-ish room, and the adjacent room is a warm, buttery yellow. It is beautiful!

Old 05-22-2009, 12:25 AM

5 posts, read 47,099 times
Default Kitchen Colors

Hi kchia,
Kitchen and dinning rooms must be colored dark because in kitchen due to moistness the rooms become dark and dirty, using dark colors makes better look then painting light colors. You can get few tips from interior magazines and online resources.

Regards
interior design color

Old 05-22-2009, 03:55 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,420,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinpieterson View Post
Hi kchia,
Kitchen and dinning rooms must be colored dark because in kitchen due to moistness the rooms become dark and dirty, using dark colors makes better look then painting light colors. You can get few tips from interior magazines and online resources.
MUST be dark colored? Ummm, no, I totally disagree. I love color but do not like dark colors, especially in my kitchen. I prefer mine bright and cheery. I'm not talking about pastels. My kitchen is a 2 tone yellow...2 shades lighter above the chair rail, a deep warm yellow/gold below.
Personally, I'm sick to death of dark red dining rooms....I find them depressing and claustrophobic. I brought my deeper yellow into my dining room above the chair rail with a warm coral below. My accents (area rug, art) bring everything together.

As far the OPs question, yellows, light teal, sage would all look gorgeous in your adjacent kitchen.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:12 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,013,252 times
Quote:
....because in kitchen due to moistness the rooms become dark and dirty....
Good housekeeping would prevent that problem.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,829 times
I am painting my bedroom a light olive green. The bed and the chest will be black. The accent furniture is black with cream stripes and checks with light yellow hi-lights. The comforter is deep yellow. The room will also have a zebra print rug. The room is 24 x 24. What color should I paint the crown moulding, window trim and doors? Also, what color wood laminate should the floor be?

Thanks!

Old 06-06-2009, 04:54 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,045,077 times
Quote:
Hi kchia,

Regards
interior design color
????????

Old 06-06-2009, 03:58 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchia View Post
Hi. I just painted my living room Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue (more of an aqua colored blue). What color should I paint my kitchen/dining room that opens up to the living room??
I like continuity between rooms so I would pick a secondary color or an accent color from the living room and use it for the kitchen.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:55 AM

596 posts, read 2,875,958 times
Here are some ideas from msn's homepage this morning - some of these colors are so gorgeous...maybe it will give you some ideas? Sexy Paint Colors - 1 Room Design - Your Home - MSN Lifestyle (http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-home/room-design/staticslideshowhb.aspx?cp-documentid=20151751 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating