Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:31 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserlegolas View Post
Re: I too did cabinets for the stars, many many of them. And none of them are losing their homes as you suggested.

Are you a moron? When did I say my friend was a star?

I said he used a cabinet maker who makes cabinets for the stars. He used exotic woods for his cabinets. He can barley pay his mortgage because he overspent on his remodel including a $70k kitchen.

I guess in Texas nobody is losing their home because Texas is a republic and they take care of their own. In California, there's lots of people losing their homes..cuz we used to be a republic, but now we are a state.
You are nothing but a troll. 3 whole posts, all bucking what the thread is about to get people arguing.

We all feel sorry for you. You and the sicknesses you and your family are about to endure and put even more burdon on the failing health care system.

Happy Asthma to your family. If you are real lucky you wont get cancer or Athsma like the 100% of the other chinese cabinet and drywall owners. Dont come back ok? That was the stupidist post I ever saw. You bought Chinese cabinets and hired 2 American workers to install them so you now stimulated the economy. Oooooooookydoki. Now I have truely heard it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Fan

65 posts, read 207,032 times
Everything is made in China

Old 10-05-2009, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 3,970 times
it doesn't take six months in cordele ga, try one or two days dude to get replacement cabibet

Old 10-05-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetprodigy View Post
it doesn't take six months in cordele ga, try one or two days dude to get replacement cabibet
I ain't a dude. So you are a cabinet dealer and you spell it cabibet.

Ok. I say you can not do it.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:53 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,670,748 times
I really try to limit my use of chinese made products. Although I have no proof I just can't imagine a safe cabinet of good quailty coming from China. I consider cabinets to be a long term investment and I would like to see how the chinese made cabinets are holding up after 5-10 years.

BTW what retailer is selling them? If its somewhere I already shop I would be curious enough to take a look.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
I really try to limit my use of chinese made products. Although I have no proof I just can't imagine a safe cabinet of good quailty coming from China. I consider cabinets to be a long term investment and I would like to see how the chinese made cabinets are holding up after 5-10 years.

BTW what retailer is selling them? If its somewhere I already shop I would be curious enough to take a look.
Soho all the proof you need is just google Chinese cabinets
formaldehyde and your screen will light up the night sky.

I guess you are right, no one knows how they will hold up in 10 years because that junk just began to invade our economy and market the past 3 years or so. But one thing we do know is that it's a scientific fact that formaldehyde disolves glue. And plywood is 5 to 7 plys of wood all pressed together with heat and glue. Guess what is going to delaminate.

You dont need to take any look. You can buy an entire cherry all wood kitchen for $995.00. What do you think you are getting? Your family will develop asthma when exposed to Chinese cabinets. There are even some documented fatality cases from Chinese cabinet exposure. Read the rest of the thread. It's all there.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:49 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,670,748 times
DesertSun, I had no intention of even considering BUYING them...I refused to buy a bowl for my dog because it was made in China.

I am passionate when it comes to certain subjects. However, I have found that when I become overly so, people tend to view me skeptically and discredit my opinions regardless of how valid they may be. What I am saying here is...don't let this happen to you

I am EMO and I get frustrated too (just not about cabinets) and I have found that if someone isn't responding to logic (a vast percentage of products from China are not quality so why would cabinets be an exception)and facts (many products from China have been proven to contain toxic substances)
then I step back and just assume natural selection will at some point come into play for this person and wash my hands of it.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
DesertSun, I had no intention of even considering BUYING them...I refused to buy a bowl for my dog because it was made in China.

I am passionate when it comes to certain subjects. However, I have found that when I become overly so, people tend to view me skeptically and discredit my opinions regardless of how valid they may be. What I am saying here is...don't let this happen to you

I am EMO and I get frustrated too (just not about cabinets) and I have found that if someone isn't responding to logic (a vast percentage of products from China are not quality so why would cabinets be an exception)and facts (many products from China have been proven to contain toxic substances)
then I step back and just assume natural selection will at some point come into play for this person and wash my hands of it.
Well join the club. When I am passionate about something I strive to achieve genius on the subject. When one does that then one has to always carefully choose their wording because humans love to hate. And hate they do. Do you have any idea the hate mail I get when I post facts that others do not like? I usually dont bother with opinons because everyone has one of those.

But the payoff is when I get compliments and 10 times the amount of questions behind the scenes. That really pizzes some people off. I love to teach and do it for free here as well as adult night school.

This thread was revived by a spammer who can't even spell cabinets yet he claims he owns a cabinet shop. I work hard to educate people on the dangers of exposure to Chinese cabinets and drywall. But like smokers or druggies always say.....it can't happen to me, the other guy will get the cancer or the brain farts, not me.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:09 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,791,891 times
But with all the formaldehyde they'll wind up so well-preserved!

I wish I were at the point in redoing nearly everything at my house so that I could be picking out cabinets. Maybe in another year or two when I'm there we'll have even more data showing how well the Chinese cabinets do or don't hold up over time.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:12 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
But with all the formaldehyde they'll wind up so well-preserved!
And so will everything and everybody in the house!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating