Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 10:04 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8fish View Post
Hi All, I am looking for a cabinetry company who can make a bookcase library and walk-in closets for me in the Southern California/Los Angeles area. Do you have anyone to recommend? I do not want any cabinets that are made in China. Thank you very much for any recommendations that you may have.
What you are looking for can be done by California Closets. California Closets | Shelving and Bedroom Organizers
This company is all over America, just coincidence you are in the state this company named itself after. You do not need a custom cabinet maker or a Carpenter. This company has all semi pre fab parts to make exactly what you want. And no, nothing is made or imported from China. I know the company very well.....worked side by side with them many many times over the years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 03:33 PM

746 posts, read 3,499,239 times
Since this thread has resurfaced, I would like to report that in the end I purchased, assembled and installed cabinets made in China.

They have a tough finish, are all wood (no MDF) and went together pretty easily. The directions were in English, and I have not come down with asthma, cancer and my American flags have not disintegrated in protest.

I also purchased countertops, sinks and faucets from Ikea and am happy with them, too.

My renovation cost well under $10K including plumbing, wiring, new floors and I couldn't be happier.

Before deciding on my final purchases, I reread this thread and did due diligence. The guys who did the trade work (electrical, plumbing, carpentry) are all licensed, and while my plumber did not like the Euro style faucet very much, there were no problems.

It's a free country, and I must say the hysterical postings about the danger of Chinese products just made me wonder why they were being bashed so mercilessly.

Because they offer kitchen contractors who have been sucking on the cash cow real competition. No longer are we consumers at the mercy of all those "custom kitchen" operations. DIY'ers can do it without them.

And competition is as patriotic and American as it gets, right?

Old 04-04-2010, 03:47 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times
The very real issues with Chinese drywall in my state, which has ended up with the federal government recommending total gut of walls and fixtures of affected homes, has made me very, very concerned about Chinese quality control.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:52 AM

131 posts, read 610,250 times
It's been a few years since this was updated. Just wondering how these Chinese cabinets are holding up. I'm redoing my kitchen and when I asked friends and co workers where they got their cabinets from, 7 out of 10 got chinese cabinets. 2 went to Home Depot and 1 another local place but American made.

Any other feedback from those who installed Chinese made cabinets?

Old 11-30-2013, 10:36 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,902,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by litlux View Post
Since this thread has resurfaced, I would like to report that in the end I purchased, assembled and installed cabinets made in China.

They have a tough finish, are all wood (no MDF) and went together pretty easily. The directions were in English, and I have not come down with asthma, cancer and my American flags have not disintegrated in protest.

I also purchased countertops, sinks and faucets from Ikea and am happy with them, too.

My renovation cost well under $10K including plumbing, wiring, new floors and I couldn't be happier.

Before deciding on my final purchases, I reread this thread and did due diligence. The guys who did the trade work (electrical, plumbing, carpentry) are all licensed, and while my plumber did not like the Euro style faucet very much, there were no problems.

It's a free country, and I must say the hysterical postings about the danger of Chinese products just made me wonder why they were being bashed so mercilessly.

Because they offer kitchen contractors who have been sucking on the cash cow real competition. No longer are we consumers at the mercy of all those "custom kitchen" operations. DIY'ers can do it without them.

And competition is as patriotic and American as it gets, right?
Nice to know you saved a buck, caused unemployment in America, supported child labor in Chona and contributed to an increase in world pollution. Good job!

Old 12-09-2013, 07:24 AM

248 posts, read 862,337 times
All cabinets made in China are not equal. There are cabinets made in China that are KCMA certified. So if you are going to buy cabinets made in China just make sure they are KCMA certified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating