Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2009, 10:42 PM

6 posts, read 10,864 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]I am going to ask my builder to finish the basement for us before we move in. The house was built in 2008 so it should have settled. It is 1500 sq. It will have a half bath with drop ceiling, drywall and carpet floor. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I am going to meet with the builder on Monday to discuss about the plan. I need input from you on following questions:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]1)How much it would usually cost for such a project? They are asking for $25,000 for a fully finished basement. Is that reasonable?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]2)what are the most important requirements for a quality basement? The French drain is already in. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]3)How many recess lights do I need for a basement size like that?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]3)Is it standard to require heating and AC systems to be installed in basement? The house has 2 heating and AC units. Would that consider extra work?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Any input is highly appreciated!!! Thank you in advance.[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating