Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 07:19 PM

309 posts, read 427,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
I hope it's not going to be gray. I'm all about warm colors, comfort and function, and yes, I consider green products a big bonus.

My friend in Belgium is building a house that has a cistern built underneath to collect rain water that is then filtered and used for washing clothes and flushing toilets. I would love to see that catch on here. I'm going to get some rain barrels and I would love for those to catch on with more people.
Gray doesn't have to feel cool or cold, depends on the shade. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Sounds gorgeous! I'm a fan of red, too, but more muted than lipstick with a touch of brown. I also love an unfussy floral.

I'm just not a trendy kind of girl, and I most appreciate homes that are an expression of the owners' personal taste, because they're timeless. I think the difference between a good designer and a great designer is his or her ability to translate a unique life experience into a beautiful and meaningful home environment. So, while I can appreciate the aesthetics of trends, they rarely appeal to me because they are divorced from real life. That said, when black painted furniture was all the rage a couple of years ago, I was a very happy camper. I think black grounds a design. I also think every house needs a touch of yellow, but maybe that's just me.
AGREED! (I'm a former CA in CO)

Old 11-20-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
So what other colors are you planning on doing? What family iof grey? Leaning into the blue family, or more towards taupe?
Thats the big question I want to know.......what colors will be intoduced as the next design trend to complement the grey!
Speaking for me, grey in the taupe family...in fact if memory serves, the color in my master is called trenchcoat khaki. It isn't a cool feeling color at all, I really like it.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:22 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I remember the last grey trend, it was often paired with pastel colors. I know because my mom still has this theme in her house! For a long time I disliked grey because it was the color of the carpet when I moved into my current home and it did not age well. It was cold looking. I'm seeing things different now, it looks good paird with various shades of brown, beige, tan, and black. You can use any accent colors when you use that neutral pallet (anything but pastels!) and I like fall colors . I still don't care for the light dove grey tones however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating