Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 04:53 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I think if we keep this thread at the top, Beretta will sticky it for us, pleasepleaseplease???????
I don't mind doing the sticky but it looks a little silly to have a sticky with no active posts. I don't think we'll have that problem again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 05:42 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Blowing kisses to you, Beretta!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:06 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Happy 2010 to the HIDD peeps.

Sounds like many of us had a busy, if not downright tough, holiday season this year.

Great to see the thread back up and running.

LOVE the pictures!

Old 01-04-2010, 11:20 PM

-sigh- having some issues with my Christmas project pix..... wish I were just a little more fluent in computer-ese.......gonna hit DD daughter up for help......

Old 01-04-2010, 11:26 PM

Default Sooooo, tell us your design projects for this year!

While I am wrestling with my Christmas design pix....... thought I would ask all of y'all......
What is it you desire to achieve in your home this year?
Please post links, pix, whatever!
I will share what I wanna do with my unending reno project, but I want to know what everyone elses are....... especially what you can do on a budget, given the economy.
I always want to hear someone elses triumphs over constrained budgets!

Old 01-05-2010, 09:33 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
One of my garden windows is filled with Christmas Cacti and they decorate for me.
That really is beautfiul Texas...I also love the pots you have the cactus in. Oh I so very much miss my Christmas cactus collection. I had all of them in my attached greenhouse, along with my pink and orange orchid cactus plants...we had a terrible freeze and I lost every one of them. Fortunately, I had given my mother a couple of started plants from the orchid cactus and she gave me one back. The Christmas cactus collection though...it was just gone, for good. Beautiful window setup though....and your countertops. Oh my!

Old 01-05-2010, 10:16 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,050,981 times
Projects for Winter of 2010: Well, I want to get the upstairs bedrooms painted, change out the vanity in the upstairs guest bath, get new drapes for our master. Two of the bedrooms were nicely painted when we moved in - just not the right colors.

The windows all have white mini-blinds on them which are useful, but not my favorite. We completed the main level and worked on the walk-out basement (right now it is a large room with new paint and carpet and lots of workout equipment but there is room to move that to one end and make a second family room at the other end). This would be the sports viewing (man cave) room for DH.

The third guest room - a nice sized room that has very scary cartoonish animal 1988 wallpaper with cloud wallpaper on the ceiling (all was installed directly onto the unprepped drywall). The wallpaper is in great condition and the seams hard to detect. There is a chair rail with paint above. We want to panel the room up to the chair rail with a nice molding ledge at the top and then paint the top portion of the wall. That scary wallpapered guest room is one way to keep guests from staying too long though, LOL.

When it gets warm, our large screened in porch will be painted (we already have the paint) and rescreened. It is a wonderful huge porch that we furnished last summer but because of the constant rain, we could never get enough dry days to paint. The outside deck and two stairways were painted last summer and look great and the paint is holding up beautifully.

We hope to start painting the master in two weeks.

Those are my winter/late spring projects - that and lots and lots of gardening!

Old 01-05-2010, 11:24 AM

My own project is the master bath. It needs new EVERYTHING!
I have been putting it off forever, its really the last project in the house. (for the moment, you know how that goes!)

Old 01-05-2010, 03:26 PM

Too doggone cold to go scan in my Christmas project pix in my office.....cant believe I am in bed with the laptop to stay warm......my heat pump has been going all day!
Hope all my HIDD friends are staying warm!

Old 01-05-2010, 07:48 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
That really is beautfiul Texas...I also love the pots you have the cactus in.

Thanks so much, beachmel. The cacti are in even more bloom today. The pots are Rosevilles. I buy them on eBay. I have more than I'll ever need but I just cant resist a good deal on them.

I also have Roseville vases on top of my kitchen cupboards:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating