Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 09:05 AM

1,149 posts, read 4,207,074 times

Advertisements

Renovations on the house are proceeding nicely, and I am expecting that my husband will want to start painting this upcoming weekend. I would use some help/advice on what to paint our family room, which is semi-open to our kitchen.

Here's the situation:
1) I am "pretty much" set on using BM Patriotic White (very pale blue) for my dining room, not set on accent color yet (goldish curtains? not sure).

2) My dining room is right next to the kitchen, so I don't want to do a conflicting color - right now, the entire downstairs has warm golden wood flooring throughout, including my kitchen. White shaker with beadboard cabinets, soapstone countertops - I have NOT chosen tile yet, and the paint right now is currently Linen White, which I can easily change, I'm not in love with it.

3) Family room shares the far back wall of the house with the kitchen. Not much in terms of natural light, anywhere (we have way too many trees). There is also almost an entire wall taken up by a brick fireplace. I'd like the room to be a different color from the kitchen, but since there is that one wall that is shared (where the dinette set would go), and there is a 10 foot opening between the two rooms, I'd need to do something that would work well for both rooms. I don't want to go too dark, but at this point, I'd like some color. I'd really love to find a fabulous green for the family room (maybe sage, maybe celery?), but I also need to find a way to tie it into the kitchen, which will ultimately be seen from the dining room, lol.

Any ideas? I've seen forum members do magic here with color!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 09:23 AM

17,476 posts, read 66,094,679 times
The more the better!
Attached Thumbnails
Need help with paint colors (family room)...-thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating