Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 09:08 PM

4,677 posts, read 2,061,178 times

Advertisements

I am having trouble deciding what color to do our main bathroom. Its a small bathroom, one window but with the lights its a pretty bright room. The sink, tub, and toilet are bright white, the marble, is various greys and white streaks. And my shower curtain I have picked out is a black and white damask. So far I have come up with a light yellow, lilac, grey, blue, light aqua, and a light pink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 09:49 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,166,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmngrl8203 View Post
I am having trouble deciding what color to do our main bathroom. Its a small bathroom, one window but with the lights its a pretty bright room. The sink, tub, and toilet are bright white, the marble, is various greys and white streaks. And my shower curtain I have picked out is a black and white damask. So far I have come up with a light yellow, lilac, grey, blue, light aqua, and a light pink.
helps if you could post pics. Colors are so much personal taste.
I wouldn't have pink,aqua,lilac or blue anywhere in my house. But that's just me.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:46 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,906,689 times
What colors do you look good in? If this is the place where you are going to be getting ready for work every day, the color around you is going to reflect back and either flatter you or not.

Now personally, yellow would be the worst for me. I look like a corpse around yellow. Of the choices above I'd probably pick either the aqua or the pink, but it really depends on which shade of either. Too cyan-ish I wouldn't want. Too bubble-gum I wouldn't want. But a nice light peacock color or a little greener than tiffany blue I would go for. Or an orchid shade of pink. These are all colors that would flatter my skin tone though. Pick something that flatters you.

And make sure you look at the paint sample in your bathroom under the light you have in there. Usually bathroom lights are much warmer than paint stores or even anywhere else in your house.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:09 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,846,325 times
Pictures would really help. My husband and I personally like baby blue shades for the bathroom - light ones. Something that will add a little bit of color, but still be relaxing. However, colors are such a personal choices...Hope you find the right color for you.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:04 AM

4,677 posts, read 2,061,178 times
We are remodeling so the sink and toilet are not in yet but here are the pics so far. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]What color should I paint my bathroom?-sink.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

What color should I paint my bathroom?-curtain.jpg

But my fiancee likes this shower curtain so now we are thinking a lighter version of the purple in it:

What color should I paint my bathroom?-curtain2.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
What color should I paint my bathroom?-100_2261.jpg   What color should I paint my bathroom?-100_2262.jpg   What color should I paint my bathroom?-100_2263.jpg   What color should I paint my bathroom?-100_2264.jpg  

Old 11-21-2009, 12:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I would stick with something in the blue/green family. I painted my bathroom a shade celadon that is very relaxing and neutral looking.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:38 PM

47 posts, read 246,720 times
Benjamin Moore's hot spring stones is a warm gray with a very subtle violet undertone, looks really nice with black and white- would work well with either curtain. That would be my pick, good luck!

Old 11-21-2009, 04:12 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Remember that "pink" is almost always very flattering to the skin. You, and your guests, will look better in the mirror.

This doesn't mean that you need to go all Pepto-Bismol (although that might be striking!!! With the black and white shower curtain and your tile? Your SO might have a cow though. ) but do think about undertones.

I like the suggestion for the grey with violet posted above for a subdued look. It would super with that second curtain. If you go with a blue make sure it's a cool blue trending toward periwinkle instead of cerulean.

I think warm colors will clash with your marble. Too bad, because I could totally see that b/w shower curtain with a bright lemon yellow. Maybe in another bathroom.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 10,777 times
Default Bathroom shower curtain

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmngrl8203 View Post
We are remodeling so the sink and toilet are not in yet but here are the pics so far. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 53286[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachment 53281

But my fiancee likes this shower curtain so now we are thinking a lighter version of the purple in it:

Attachment 53287
I love the plum and purple shower curtain, could you tell me where you found it? I have a bathroom with gray sink and tub and would like to buy this curtain.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:21 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,520 posts, read 6,327,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
What colors do you look good in? If this is the place where you are going to be getting ready for work every day, the color around you is going to reflect back and either flatter you or not.

Now personally, yellow would be the worst for me. I look like a corpse around yellow. Of the choices above I'd probably pick either the aqua or the pink, but it really depends on which shade of either. Too cyan-ish I wouldn't want. Too bubble-gum I wouldn't want. But a nice light peacock color or a little greener than tiffany blue I would go for. Or an orchid shade of pink. These are all colors that would flatter my skin tone though. Pick something that flatters you.

And make sure you look at the paint sample in your bathroom under the light you have in there. Usually bathroom lights are much warmer than paint stores or even anywhere else in your house.
I agree. Good points. Its kinda hard to do presentable paint and body work if you look like death warmed over. Personally all pastels make me twitchy.

Also IMO. Colors should flow from room to room. What colors do you have in the adjoining rooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating