Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:02 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,068,113 times

Advertisements

I don't use a standard coffee table for a coffee table. I have a two-tiered square end table as the coffee table. Didn't want anything rectangular or really big and I like the square shape. Also, we have alot of tall people in my family and the end table is taller than a coffee table

I have one silk orchid in a decorative planter and a magnifying glass on the table. The magnifying glass has a black & white checkered handle made of bone. The orchid looks really real, with lichens and stuff on the stems. Nothing else. I like to have coffee, drinks, eat, and go through my mail on the empty space.

BTW, the hot thing now is not coffee tables, but tea tables being used as coffee tables. Good luck with your decorating ideas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 06:13 PM

24,358 posts, read 25,868,973 times
I like to use mine as a foot stool.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:57 PM

65 posts, read 370,958 times
Default Ottomans make great coffee tables.

We use ottomans as coffee tables. Usually have a glass or wood tray for beverages.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:08 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,068,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGollyMolly View Post
We use ottomans as coffee tables. Usually have a glass or wood tray for beverages.
We use ottomans too in our parlor. Two square tufted ones. And we use a silver tray on top also. It's a nice look.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:15 PM

24,358 posts, read 25,868,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Or a miscellaneous collector.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:06 AM

41,834 posts, read 74,888,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
They also make an excellent cat perch.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:32 PM

41 posts, read 98,978 times
I guess we are a old fashioned but we still have a coffee table, a big heavy rustic/western style looking one and we would never wanna get rid of it.
What concerns decorating it so we don't have much on it but a nice runner that we got from my husbands mother from Germany and nice big candle center piece.

I would think there are plenty of decorating ideas and accents you could put on your coffee table or on an end table. Just look around a bit in online stores or home decor stores when next time you go shopping.
If you like you check out this one too Home & Garden Decor and Accents

Some people put some magazines on a coffee table, candle holders are very popular on coffee tables, a nice picture frame or a pretty figurine or smaller statue would look nice on a coffee table too. It all depends on what you like, what style your room is decorated like.
Also you should exchange the decor on your coffee table once in a while.
Place a nice candle holder or a nice figurine on it for a few weeks and then go back e.g. to the bowls you had placed on it. Choose seasonal decoration that you can swap around and don't forget, a vase with some flowers, even artifical flowers always will add a great accent to any room.

Cheers
verdecove
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating