Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 06:58 PM

206 posts, read 746,975 times

Advertisements

Help! Bought some bedding for the guest room and now I am stuck.

What color walls and window treatments with this bedding????Hotel Collection "Glacier" Bedding - Bedding Collections Hotel Collection Bedding Bedding Collections - Bed & Bath - Macy's

Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 07:06 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
Wow! I love that bedding! I bet it feels really smooth and soft. I think you could do quite a few colors with that gray. You could do a lighter gray for a soothing monotone, a very pale pink (barely there), ice blue, a cool white or a combo.

What color is the furniture?

Old 02-01-2010, 07:17 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,315,824 times
Ben Moore has a color that is nice...I think it is called Macadamia or Macadamia Nut or something like this. Anyway, it's a nice tan.
I think Shaker Beige (Ben Moore or Sherwin W) is also nice. Putnum ivory is another choice. They are all in the beige family.
If you have a large room a dark brown could be nice..
I have bedding that is close to this and will be doing the Macademia

Old 02-01-2010, 09:56 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,347,764 times
You could go in so many different directions with that. I think I would be inclined to go grey or white.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennquaker09 View Post
You could go in so many different directions with that. I think I would be inclined to go grey or white.

I am just stumped! I am thinking maybe grey or tan but then lost on curtains. I want something luxurious to but silk would be way to much with the duvet.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Wow! I love that bedding! I bet it feels really smooth and soft. I think you could do quite a few colors with that gray. You could do a lighter gray for a soothing monotone, a very pale pink (barely there), ice blue, a cool white or a combo.

What color is the furniture?
I haven't bought furniture yet-all our stuff is in storage while we build. My old furniture was more antique/shabby chic and I am no longer really a fan of that style. So I am starting from scratch with the whole room. I love the feel and look of the Hotel line and Macy's is having a big sale so I snatched it up-but now I am at a loss where to go with it!

Old 02-02-2010, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
Ben Moore has a color that is nice...I think it is called Macadamia or Macadamia Nut or something like this. Anyway, it's a nice tan.
I think Shaker Beige (Ben Moore or Sherwin W) is also nice. Putnum ivory is another choice. They are all in the beige family.
If you have a large room a dark brown could be nice..
I have bedding that is close to this and will be doing the Macademia
The room isn't huge at all-just our guest room and we put the sguare fooyage in our house into rooms that would get more use. I probably will just be buying end tables, 2 lamps and maybe a dresser-something along the west elm style probably or 40's inspired mirrored tables?

Old 02-02-2010, 05:52 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
The color of the bedding is ice blue, not grey.

You could do an ice blue wall like in the bedding picture. That would be elegant.

Tan and beige will provide warm balance.

I wouldn't paint the walls grey----not with that comforter.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:58 AM

47 posts, read 246,720 times
A light sandy tan would look really nice with the bedding. White, sand, and the blue/green. BM carrington beige HC-93. Tie it all together with pillows on the bed. Nice bedding!

Old 02-02-2010, 11:04 AM

After seeing feedback I am now leaning towards neutral tan/cream paint and then bringing in some creams and golds and maybe browns with pillows and accessories. What kind of fabric for the curtains-we just have one window in the guest room. I am thinking silk would be too much of the same type of material. Do you guys agree?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating