Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 04:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMichelle View Post
I agree with golfgal - paint some more! It will work. You can use Kilz (a primer) in a spray can first - then paint.
I swear by Kilz!

I lived in a house with a very leaky roof and we had to save up to get it replaced. Until then I used Kilz to cover up the brown spots on the ceiling. (Oh what a party we had the day they started replacing that roof!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 11:09 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Next problem is you trusted a minimum wage employee who knows less then a first grader about paint. Their home improvement experience amounts to hanging a curtain rod for Grandma. Why do people even ask these clowns for advice?

How do you know this? Or are you just saying this to demean another human being? Demeaning someone who's working for a living is disgusting. You're exactly the type of person I'd dread trying to help if you walked into a store I worked at, simply cuz you judge people based on how much money they make.

This person knew enough about paint to get a job in that department and it's the buyers responsibility to make sure the color they're buying is the color they want. Lids get switched as a joke (again, not funny)... but you can read the name of the color on the back and I'm thinkin' it's safe to assume the color label on this can didn't say "way way way off white... so off white it's more like black."

Again, to the OP, take on some of the responsibility for not reading the can yourself. Take it back and get the color you want and paint away.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:28 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
How do you know this? Or are you just saying this to demean another human being? Demeaning someone who's working for a living is disgusting. You're exactly the type of person I'd dread trying to help if you walked into a store I worked at, simply cuz you judge people based on how much money they make.

This person knew enough about paint to get a job in that department and it's the buyers responsibility to make sure the color they're buying is the color they want. Lids get switched as a joke (again, not funny)... but you can read the name of the color on the back and I'm thinkin' it's safe to assume the color label on this can didn't say "way way way off white... so off white it's more like black."

Again, to the OP, take on some of the responsibility for not reading the can yourself. Take it back and get the color you want and paint away.
He said this because he is probably right.
Have you ever been to a big orange box in Brooklyn,?? you will get a ghetto chick behind the counter, who would know "diddly squat" about paint or wallpaper, because "Miss Chick" probably never painted a wall, let alone wallpapered a thing in her life, or the young boy who probably never held a circular saw let alone used one.

Yeah, these kids really will be able to tell me what type of goop to use when adjoining 2 pipes together, or how to remove wallpaper. or how to join 2 pieces of sheet rock together.....shall I go on???

I do not think you get places to a specific dept for the experience you have, it is probably a department where they need a person.

................and he wasn't making fun of someone working, but in a home improvement store where people come in needing advice about one of their projects, they would like an experienced person that actually does understand what they mean............

Old 05-17-2010, 11:30 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,490 times
What. Ever.

The person is working. At a job you'd never stoop to do.

FTR... I think it's ridiculous that the OP didn't read a label before forking over money.

Just as you think it's ridiculous some people get jobs at places you'd never want to work at so they can put food on the table for their families.

Last edited by canibeyou; 05-17-2010 at 11:44 AM..

Old 05-24-2010, 01:09 PM

6 posts, read 38,072 times
FYI, you might consider using a high temperature or engine paint if you can find it in the color your wanting.

Otherwise, no big deal with the black mark. Apply several coats of the correct color and you'll be good to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating