Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 04:44 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,141,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so you would rather buy a chair that after you get it home, your legs go to sleep because they are not supported? or when you lay your head back on the back rest you get a neck ache because you have to lean your head so far back? that is cutting off your nose. granted a salemen should not deter someone from buying what they want but the sales men should have instructed them on what a good fit in a chair is before they started sitting in them to compare. just like a pair of shoes, you can buy them too big or too tight but a pair that fits is the best.
True statements. The chair is a perfect fit for my husband unfortunately it is not for me. I rarely sit in the chair, as the top part that fits my husband's head so perfectly hits me in the base of my neck. The part that supports his lumbar hits me in the middle of the back. I am always leaded forward when I set in the chair. I hate it.

My husband loves the chair so I am happy for him. I am not happy with the sales woman as she some how determined my husband's happiness was more important than mine. Interesting since I was the one paying for it. Next time I will walk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 05:13 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
True statements. The chair is a perfect fit for my husband unfortunately it is not for me. I rarely sit in the chair, as the top part that fits my husband's head so perfectly hits me in the base of my neck. The part that supports his lumbar hits me in the middle of the back. I am always leaded forward when I set in the chair. I hate it.

My husband loves the chair so I am happy for him. I am not happy with the sales woman as she some how determined my husband's happiness was more important than mine. Interesting since I was the one paying for it. Next time I will walk.

I hope you find a chair that you love and fits great. you deserve one too! good luck

Old 05-25-2010, 05:32 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,766,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post

Well I think that 'saleswoman' should hear from you, chapter - line - and verse, about how you feel. What is that, that she thought it more important to fit your husband to a chair than you? And especially that the chair was going to fit only your husband or you. Ms Expert Bubbly SalesLady should have been thinking about that.

I think she owes it to you to give you a great deal on the chair you originally had picked.

Just sayin'. . .

Old 05-25-2010, 11:35 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,141,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Well I think that 'saleswoman' should hear from you, chapter - line - and verse, about how you feel. What is that, that she thought it more important to fit your husband to a chair than you? And especially that the chair was going to fit only your husband or you. Ms Expert Bubbly SalesLady should have been thinking about that.

I think she owes it to you to give you a great deal on the chair you originally had picked.

Just sayin'. . .
That sounds good! Actually this is the second time I have ran into a sales person like this. I do not know if its this area or what but it seems the women here think men come first. I could tell you nightmare stories about our realtor. Finally my husband had to tell her to cool it or she was fired. Nothing I wanted mattered. grrr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating