Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 03:10 PM

26 posts, read 120,603 times

Advertisements

We did test drive the car(not the same car) one month before we really bought it. Our dealer shop is next to Freeway so only drove in Freeway. So didnt realise these bumps until we really bought the car drove it to home(we were blindsided by all upgrades like camera, lane departure warning, collision alert etc.)

@evergraystate - i dont know whether accord has run flat tires. but they are little low than normal tires. Our trim is Accord - EX -L

My husband travels on business trip and rents new car from Hertz or national, and he never felt this kind of bumpy ride from other cars like - chevy impala, ford taurus etc.

We didnt even test drive other make beacuse we were big fan of Honda. But after this, we are not sure we will ever buy another Honda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 06:21 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvThisWorld View Post
But after this, we are not sure we will ever buy another Honda
Do you realize how irrational this statement is?

Because you don't like the bumps, that means all Hondas are not worthy for you? Their other good qualities don't mean a thing?

Old 03-12-2013, 06:35 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,909,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
The basic choice for years between the Camry and Accord was your choice of ride vs. handling. The Camry has always had softer springs and less damping in its shocks compared to Accord.

I think that is still true. I doubt if there is anything "wrong" with this Accord. It is very difficult to make a car that ignores small bumps without sacrificing handling in some way. I suggest the OP take the car on a twisty road, don't drive like grandma, and enjoy the control of the suspension.
The answer has already been answered by another poster. This is the first Accord without "double wishbone suspension." That is what the original Poster is experiencing. Honda went cheap.

I bet with all the negative press about bumpy rides Honda will go back to a double wishbone suspension (2 years from now) for this generation Accord and it will make all the difference!

Old 03-13-2013, 08:36 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,562,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Do you realize how irrational this statement is?

Because you don't like the bumps, that means all Hondas are not worthy for you? Their other good qualities don't mean a thing?
I think the comment is perfectly rational. I wouldn't touch a new Honda with a 10 foot pole after that experience. Truth is all hondas made in the last 5 years are garbage. The civic is hideous and needed an emergency re design after just one year because of all the negative press, The accord has become a bloated barge built with the lowest quality parts money can buy. Have you seen a crosstour in person? Its like a clusterf*** on wheels. The new insight is a sales disaster because of its abysmal build quality and fuel economy and WTF were they thinking when they said "mmm yes, that CRZ looks brilliant"? They keep this up for a few more years and honda will have to find a buyer.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:55 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
I think the comment is perfectly rational. I wouldn't touch a new Honda with a 10 foot pole after that experience. Truth is all hondas made in the last 5 years are garbage. The civic is hideous and needed an emergency re design after just one year because of all the negative press, The accord has become a bloated barge built with the lowest quality parts money can buy. Have you seen a crosstour in person? Its like a clusterf*** on wheels. The new insight is a sales disaster because of its abysmal build quality and fuel economy and WTF were they thinking when they said "mmm yes, that CRZ looks brilliant"? They keep this up for a few more years and honda will have to find a buyer.
Honda finished 2012 up 24% in sales -- its best since, ironically, 2008 (5 years ago).

Old 03-13-2013, 11:14 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,562,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Honda finished 2012 up 24% in sales -- its best since, ironically, 2008 (5 years ago).
As if we needed more proof for the stupidity of the average American.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:50 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post

The Crosstour is indeed hideous, though under the skin it is a decent car. The Insight, like all Honda hybrids, is mediocre.

But the CR-V, the Pilot, and the Odyssey are very competitive in their class. And the new Accord has been received very well.

So I disagree that new Hondas don't deserve consideration. Honda sales are strong as already noted so you might want to look at facts instead of what seems like an irrational view of Honda.

Honda made some poor decisions. But it is pretty obvious that they are on the mend and the newest models are very competitive.

Every carmaker has rough times. And for this exact thread, writing off all Hondas because the OP doesn't like the feel of small bumps is just silly.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:09 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvThisWorld View Post
Just bought honda accord 2013 and we are noticing ride is not as smooth as we expected. We can feel each every small bump in the road. Our 10 year old honda civic ride is smoother than this. Our dealer is saying all accord rides the same and can feel bumps in the road easily

Have anyone else who bought new accord notice the same thing???

TIA

Yes! I tested drove a 2013 Honda Accord Sport and it rode like a wagon. I took the car on the interstate and their was lost of wind noise on the driver's side (front window pillar). The Nissan 2013 Versa has a better ride than a 2013 Honda Accord Sport.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:26 AM

26 posts, read 120,603 times
OK. So our dealer called Honda Engg service and this is what Honda engineer told "New Honda Accord is designed to be firmer. Car now has sports suspension which gives Firmer ride, so customer will feel little bit bumps and vibration. So there is nothing that they can do that will soften the ride"

I do not know why would they put sports suspension in EX - 4cyl car!!!!. Planning to write a letter to honda...

Old 03-14-2013, 10:37 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
^ The ride isn't going to get any better, sell the car.

My 1991 Accord has a better ride than the 2014 Honda Accord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura