Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 07:42 PM

2 posts, read 7,838 times

Advertisements

It's possible that the rough ride you are getting from your Accord isn't the roads. My 2013 Accord Sport feels like I am running over speed bumps when drivein under 40 mph ( I actually feel like I am being jostled from side to side). It feels like the problem is in the rear suspension but the factory rep says it is the crt tranny that is causing the problem and Honda will not do anything for the problem. I was at the dealership today,3/20/2014. I plan to speak with the general manager of the dealership where I bought the car tomorrow and if I get nowhere, there is always the BBB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 08:26 PM

1,567 posts, read 3,116,430 times
I just bought a 2014 Accord EX-L a month ago. I like the car a lot. I will say, though, that "choppy" is a good description of the ride. The streets where I live tend to be poorly maintained so there's that to consider too. Here's the thing, though. I did my research beforehand and knew that I should expect a firm ride. I think the car has so much else going for it in this price range that a bit of chop is fine by me. Also, if I wanted a lazyboy on wheels, I'd have purposefully chosen something else.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:40 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Hondas definitely have a firmer ride that Toyotas but then they handle better;IMO.Its always a compromise. Might want to check the tire pressure tho and set it at lowest on door label while keeping track of wear and checking often.m sister has accord and I like the ride and how it handle personally.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:20 PM

1,996 posts, read 4,769,387 times
I honestly don't understand people that like to be jarred to the death when driving everyday to and from work, unless you are in a true sports car where a firm suspension go hand in hand, but not in a family sedan. I mean you'd think you would want to be comfortable, by having a smooth ride when the car hits a bad pot hole or goes over rough pavement instead of being constantly shocked and riddled with vibrations entering the cabin which only makes you more uncomfortable, angry and frustrated especially during rush hour traffic.

It's not good for the body, nor the mind. At least for me it isn't, I prefer a smooth soft ride, and don't want to have to worry about my car taking so much abuse either from all that energy being transmitted to the vehicles body structure and suspension components, including my own body from the horrible road conditions around here.

Be prepared to replace those CV Axle shafts and boots on Honda's, they have always had problems breaking or wearing out fairly early in the cars life.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:06 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
Make sure the tires aren't overinflated, many times they are from the dealer.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:23 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,790,192 times
The dealer tells you that this is normal !!!

You now go back and speak with the service manager and not the service writers !!!

Old 03-21-2014, 05:15 PM

8,314 posts, read 13,444,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed2012 View Post

You now go back and speak with the service manager and not the service writers !!!
Either way, I seriously doubt they will do anything other than, at best, offer something like this:

Old 04-04-2014, 08:52 PM

2 posts, read 7,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed2012 View Post

Spoke with service manager and they had me drive two other Hondas Accords ( one was another sport, the other was an LX and they both have the same problem). Met with Honda,s district parts and service manager who drove my Honda and tried to tell me the problem was the CVT transmission causing the feeling that I am running over speed bumps from the rear. He also stated that he would not permit the service department to look into the problem since it was evident in the other two cars I drove. He claims that the problem is a "charactistic" of the Honda Accords while I say that it is a defect built into the cars.

I also took the Accord to a local transmission shop to get their input and they stated on paper that the problem is in the rear suspension. I took the statement back to the Honda dealership service manager who contacted the district manager again and was told their was nothing they would do since the problem was in the other Accords. I also contacted Honda's main office in California and they said that since the district manager says "no" , they will do nothing.
BBB, here I come.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:19 PM

24,463 posts, read 25,995,249 times
BBB is pretty much useless in this case. research and document the issue in some Honda specific forums and then approach your states Department of Consumer Affairs or your states equivalent.

Google:

2013 honda rear suspension issues

Old 04-10-2014, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,804 times
I absolutely hate my 2013 Honda Accord so bad I am going to trade it in. I drive all day long and at the end of the day feel like someone has beaten me up. Worst car I have ever owned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura