U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 09:37 AM

26 posts, read 112,206 times

Advertisements

Just bought honda accord 2013 and we are noticing ride is not as smooth as we expected. We can feel each every small bump in the road. Our 10 year old honda civic ride is smoother than this. Our dealer is saying all accord rides the same and can feel bumps in the road easily

Have anyone else who bought new accord notice the same thing???

TIA
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 09:47 AM

10,421 posts, read 10,141,914 times
It seems to get mentioned on numerous car review sites. You might double check tire pressures...at times they are over inflated for shipping and dealers don't take they pressure back down before sale.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:10 AM

466 posts, read 768,515 times
Nope!

Have had mine for a month and I am completely satisfied with everything on this car.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:10 AM

18 posts, read 43,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
It seems to get mentioned on numerous car review sites. You might double check tire pressures...at times they are over inflated for shipping and dealers don't take they pressure back down before sale.
+ 1 - I was going to say the same thing.....

Old 03-10-2013, 11:23 AM

3,184 posts, read 6,753,487 times
Unless your 10 year old civic has brand new shocks/struts,suspension bushings etc I would think that it would be a much softer ride...apples to oranges... When the new one breaks in good it will feel better.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:46 AM

26 posts, read 112,206 times
Tire pressure is the first thing we asked our dealer to check. Service manage is saying everything looks good. They are going to contact honda engineering service line to find out what they can do!!!

Freeway we do not feel the bumps, but as soon as we exit and drive on these small roads like south blvd, pineville Mathews road and hwy 160, we start feeling even a small bumps on road.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:08 PM

15,016 posts, read 11,561,618 times
Charlotte Hondas or all hondas? Lol...

Old 03-10-2013, 12:48 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,367,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvThisWorld View Post
Tire pressure is the first thing we asked our dealer to check. Service manage is saying everything looks good. They are going to contact honda engineering service line to find out what they can do!!!

Freeway we do not feel the bumps, but as soon as we exit and drive on these small roads like south blvd, pineville Mathews road and hwy 160, we start feeling even a small bumps on road.
Could be the brand tires. Camry owners with Michelines are happier than those with Bridgestone. HUGE conversations on that. I'd keep looking at the tires. Consumer Reports loves this car and I'd think they would have picked up on any general problems.

Could be related to the trim which also could change tires.

Maybe when this thread gets moved you'll get more advise

Old 03-10-2013, 03:15 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,571,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvThisWorld View Post

The NCDOT isn't known for building smooth or level roads but you probably shouldn't be seeing an issue on these particular roadways in Charlotte. I think if you had a tire problem you would feel the issue on the freeway so IMO, I don't think tires are your issue.

My guess is the suspension is tuned too tight with the new struts they put in the Accord for 2013. IMO, Honda should have stuck with the double wishbone suspension that it has had in the Accord since day 1. When they went to the current generation (2013) of the Accord, they changed to struts. This is most likely why you don't like it. Struts save weight & money at the cost of an inferior ride.

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about it. Double wishbone is a more expensive system and I suppose Honda needed to squeeze more profit out of these cars. It's a shame. I once owned an Accord and it was one of my favorite cars. I don't really care much for them now.

Sorry for the bad news.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:15 PM

3,774 posts, read 7,751,128 times
Probably related to the terrible condition of the roads, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura