Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 08:22 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,946,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
So at 38k and change on the msrp my thoughts are we should pay about 32K and everyone is good or I will walk.
Does this sound reasonable?
That sounds a little too low. The internet price for new CR-V Touring Hybrid runs at 35K invoice, but you can only get at 34K lowest price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2021, 08:56 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
I wouldn't buy any 2016+ Hondas, there's too many issues with newer Hondas. Until they improve quality, enjoy frequent recalls.

Old 03-20-2021, 12:03 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,946,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I wouldn't buy any 2016+ Hondas, there's too many issues with newer Hondas. Until they improve quality, enjoy frequent recalls.
Including me too, despite I received many bashers. "More MPG = Less Durable." I like 2019 Ford Escape S reliability much, much better.

Old 03-25-2021, 05:33 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
So to just to give an update.

We (she) bought the CR-V about a week or two ago.
It was a rather long day but it ended well.

The dealership in PA didn’t makes us feel comfortable or that we were at the right spot.
Maybe they do well with the better off retirement class here.

Bremerton wasn’t easy either but after saying “thank you but no thank you and we have to leave “ twice and walking out door once we struck a deal.
Never felt uncomfortable there it just took longer than comfortable.

When I mentioned her perfect credit, it’s not perfect but it’s just over mid 800’s.

About her needing to save money to buy a house she already has a decent house fund and is looking for the right deal.

On another note,
One of the places hit her up on her living situation.
She rents.
The person actually tried to sell her renters insurance.
She told the person that they were looking at her landlord.
I’m like we have all the insurance that we need and our family is in that industry.
He looked at us and asked if we had a contract/lease.
I’m like enough already so he stopped.
Never saw that coming.
Never heard of that.
Could it be a rural thing ?

Old 10-13-2021, 02:25 PM

245 posts, read 503,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
Yes.

What he is saying is do it all on line. You don't have to be there and neither does she. Since she knows the specific model she wants, she should find it at the dealers in the area and contact them. Tell them to give her their best price. Do that with every dealer who has the model she wants. Wait a day, no longer. Maybe even tell the dealers she will making the decision that day. Contact those dealers who were not the lowest and tell them she's sorry but she received a lower price elsewhere (even give them the price). Some will say sorry, others may offer a lower price. If so, go back to the previous lower price and tell them she received a lower price, and do it again. At some point, one will be left and do the deal with that one.

In-person sales and internet sales are usually separate and handled differently within a dealership. Also, she can tell them she is putting X% down. I would put down 40-50%.
I bought 2 2020 Accords last November. I think I got prices from 3 dealers through TrueCar on the first one. The prices each one gave initially wasn't their best price...When I got them as low as they'd go, bidding against each other, I bought the first one. With whatever rate Honda was offering at that time. 1.9?

The second one I had a primo 2017 Accord with 13,000 miles to trade. I was going to pay cash on the difference. First price I got (from the dealer I bought the first one from) was a joke; $11,000 plus my trade. I eventually went with $8900 plus my trade from one of the other 2 dealers.

All three dealers were happy to give prices by email or phone. I didn't have to go to the dealership to get prices. In fact, on the first car I never set foot in the dealership. They drove it 50 miles to me and brought the paperwork.

Old 10-15-2021, 06:45 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Buying a car through any dealer right now is the worst thing to do, they know they can squeeze every sale without giving anything. The only thing they will do is trade a discount for another mark up. They will give you a low interest rate deal for a warranty signup, essentially a wash.

So every sale goes from MSRP to MSRP+ dealer installed stuff + warranty.

Gone are the days you walk in and point to the car on the lot and just tell them to write up the sticker price and give you the lowest monthly.

Old 12-20-2021, 08:12 PM

7,570 posts, read 3,248,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Buying a car through any dealer right now is the worst thing to do, they know they can squeeze every sale without giving anything. The only thing they will do is trade a discount for another mark up. They will give you a low interest rate deal for a warranty signup, essentially a wash.

So every sale goes from MSRP to MSRP+ dealer installed stuff + warranty.

Gone are the days you walk in and point to the car on the lot and just tell them to write up the sticker price and give you the lowest monthly.

That is why so many cars are driving around without protective door moldings for instanc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura