Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2022, 12:57 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,124,129 times

Advertisements

I got the rental car two days ago, not familiar with the remote key. It should be easy, but it is strange today.
  1. When I leave my cellphone inside the car, not plug in (not connected to the car either, don't feel comfortable to connect phone to rental car). It was my intention to leave my cellphone inside the car, for just a few minutes. The car is on my driveway, and I will drive away in a few minutes (just going inside my house for a few minutes). But it seems I am not able to lock the car with the key if my cellphone is left inside, then I step inside the car, and found out that engine is not completely turned off. I pushed to turn off engine, but it keeps flashing red light. After taking my phone off, then I can turn off the engine and lock the door. Strange...
  2. Here is second strange thing: After I lock my car, and I stand next to the car. I try to verify if it is locked, and pull the door handle and it is locked. But when I try to pull door handle for second time, the door opens. It seems that with remote key nearby, I can open the door without pressing unlock button.
  3. In order to verify the second point. I locked the door and walked away. Then came back to the car, yes, I can pull door handle and open the door without pressing unlock button.

Two days ago, I pressed the circle button (left side of "HOLD", not sure what it is).

I am not familiar with this car, it seems that there are something I did not do correctly.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Honda Civic: How does remote key work?-cellphone.jpg   2020 Honda Civic: How does remote key work?-remote-key.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2022, 01:32 PM

7,486 posts, read 13,520,841 times
Ok, I'll try...

1. no idea what's happening re cellphone

2. all of that is normal default. If key fob is near car, the doors auto-unlock. The whole point is to not have to fumble with the fob to unlock doors.

3. See # 2

4. The "circle" (actually a curved arrow) is for remote engine starting ( like on a cold day to warmup car) You 1st press the Lock button once, then hold the Arrow for 5+ seconds, and engine should start. Doors will be locked until you approach car. Once in the car, press the brake and red s/s button to be able to drive car. (Inst Panel will have warning msg)

Good Luck..........

BTW, does the car not have a User Manual ? If not, try this one:
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p...ATBA2020OM.PDF

Old 03-13-2022, 02:18 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,124,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
Ok, I'll try...

1. no idea what's happening re cellphone

2. all of that is normal default. If key fob is near car, the doors auto-unlock. The whole point is to not have to fumble with the fob to unlock doors.

3. See # 2

4. The "circle" (actually a curved arrow) is for remote engine starting ( like on a cold day to warmup car) You 1st press the Lock button once, then hold the Arrow for 5+ seconds, and engine should start. Doors will be locked until you approach car. Once in the car, press the brake and red s/s button to be able to drive car. (Inst Panel will have warning msg)

Good Luck..........

BTW, does the car not have a User Manual ? If not, try this one:
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p...ATBA2020OM.PDF
This is my first time dealing with remote key.

Maybe something related to cell phone Bluetooth, I didn't do it correctly.

It seems to be auto unlock feature. Auto lock is good, auto unlock may not be necessary, if driver stands near the car and door is auto unlocked, what if someone quickly jump into the car and drive away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura