Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 09:31 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,235,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Lipstick= paint, wallpaper, carpet, h'wood flr, tile, granite, yada, yada, yada!

Oh, I know what lipstick is......
In this house, hardwood flooring isn't lipstick- it's to keep our feet from freezing to the floor
No sub and no insulation and a crawl space underneath. The floors have been tested at 45 degrees in the winter- imagine how bad it'd be if we lived in the north!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 09:33 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,235,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I'd have to move and put it into a different house. I'll never get back what I paid for my place five years ago, let alone with $75,000 of improvements added to it! One of you other guys can have the prize.

Ya'll make note! Jukesgrrl said I can have the prize if she wins!

Old 05-11-2013, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 660 times
Because I have adopted three babies, at the age in my life I could be a grandmother, I would make my kitchen bigger so we could all fit better. We need a large island with seating for the 5 still at home. (7 kids total)We would also turn our unfinished basement into one giant family/play/tv cave. PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 02:27 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,558,536 times
Oh boy, I've had some dream projects on the back burner for a while...

Enclose my existing patio -- let's make it a 4-season room while we're at it, and tie it into the existing enclosed breezeway.

Add a shed dormer to the extra-wide hallway upstairs. It's like a half a room -- the dormer would make it much more useable!

Add a new roof over the whole shebang -- mostly shingled, but some metal, to break up all of the grey.

I don't know that $75K would do all of this, but I'd like to try!!

Old 05-11-2013, 03:54 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,537,885 times
Blinx you got suckered into an old post that is grey and bald. That contest is long since over.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:18 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,558,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Blinx you got suckered into an old post that is grey and bald. That contest is long since over.
Rats. Foiled again! Oh well, one can dream. Now where's my Powerball ticket....

Old 05-12-2013, 11:40 AM

10,586 posts, read 12,014,667 times
75,000 AFTER TAXES is only about $63,750. So I'd either put a two-story addition on my house, or build a tall 100 foot retaining wall to level off my property. The wall would be so tall I'd need engineering and landscape architecture plans. I'd LOVE to do both, but likely wouldn't get both done for that amount.

Quote:
What would you do with the 75,000 dollar prize? Has to be spent on the house,
I know you thread and question say the money has to be spent on the house, but in reality (for those who enter) just so you know -- if you win, you DO NOT have to spend the money on your house. If you win, the money is yours, and once you have it you can do whatever you what with it. So the "fall Fix Up" angle is really just a promotional hook for a cash prize you can do anything you want with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House