Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 04:07 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,941,753 times

Advertisements

here are some pics of the top and bottom. as maybe you can see (pics are bad) there is nothing to "unscrew" underneath the sink to free the faucet!

i have no idea of the make. i suspect house brand lowes or home depot

of course, the supply lines are attached in this picture. i had them off last night but then i had to turn the water back on
Attached Thumbnails
help, I can't remove my old bathroom faucet-0913101759.jpg   help, I can't remove my old bathroom faucet-0913101759b.jpg   help, I can't remove my old bathroom faucet-0913101800.jpg   help, I can't remove my old bathroom faucet-0913101800a.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 04:26 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
I'm assuming that the second pic is looking up at the bottom of the sink - if so, that steel braided hose is something not expected.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:43 PM

144 posts, read 608,382 times
In your first pic, the one with the handle removed try to see if you can unscrew that chrome piece with the gold trim, that is likely some type of flange. Once you removed that you should have access to some type nut that is likely holding it to the sink.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veg8 View Post
In your first pic, the one with the handle removed try to see if you can unscrew that chrome piece with the gold trim, that is likely some type of flange. Once you removed that you should have access to some type nut that is likely holding it to the sink.
i tried but can't get a good enough grip since it is round and large. i'm wondering if i'll need to call in the hacksaw

Old 09-13-2010, 07:22 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,543,192 times
Try a large vise grip or a pipe wrench.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:01 AM

no need for others to reply, but i thought i should add onto this how i ultimately got the faucet off in case anyone googles this thread and needs help.

basically i had to go buy a large tongue-and-groove plier. A medium pipe wrench probably would have worked to. I then removed the faucet by loosening and ultimately removing the handles. I employed the help of a crow bar as well. It was honestly a real pain and incredibly aggravating. I will never again buy a "bottom-mount" type of faucet.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 14,981 times
I have the same exact problem, is there any way to remove the faucets without removing the sink? My whole coutertop has the sink bowls molded into it and it doesnt sound like I could do all that from underneath.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCBB View Post
I have the same exact problem, is there any way to remove the faucets without removing the sink? My whole coutertop has the sink bowls molded into it and it doesnt sound like I could do all that from underneath.
I was fortunate to where the sink wasn't even affixed to the vanity so i could easily lift it up. But, if you have the same mounting style (where there are no nuts to remove underneath the sink) then you should be able to remove it without removing the sink. Start working the handles with tongue and groove pliers or a pipe wrench

Pictures help a lot. Like an overhead of the faucet especially

Old 07-21-2011, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 14,517 times
Looks like I have a very similar faucet set - no manufacturer's marks that can be seen.

I can't find any set screws on the handles to remove them and get at their bases. If you are still monitoring this thread, can you tell me how you pulled off the handles from the stems?

Old 07-21-2011, 11:58 AM

surprised to see this thread get a bump. But I am alerted when it does. Anyhow, I’m not sure how much help I will be. The key to mine ended up being in the handles. That, and getting better tools. I think large tongue and groove pliers ended up being critical if I recall correctly. Using those pliers, I worked the handle until it came free.

Ultimately, I will never, ever install this type of handle set. It is a royal PIA. I replaced it with something much more straight-forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House