Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 05:29 AM

404 posts, read 2,616,165 times

Advertisements

which lg did you go with,i heard the new french door model had some issue about the doors closing-and something else.
I love the look of the new lg,but that scared me off a little.
Let me know what you think of it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 08:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canine7 View Post
which lg did you go with,i heard the new french door model had some issue about the doors closing-and something else.
I love the look of the new lg,but that scared me off a little.
Let me know what you think of it
canine we did get the french door model. so far so good the only thing I don't like is the ice/water dispenser my big 32 oz cups don't fit. So I just have to use a smaller cup to get the ice while I play around with it.. The quick ice feature is nice automatically runs for 12 hours to fill the bin then shuts off to go back to regular icemaking.
I did notice I have tons of more room in the fridge section than I did with our old side by side.

The freezer on the bottom also seems to have lots of room. it has a slideout top tray I can keep frequently used items like my hubby's Starbucks coffee ice cream
karla

Old 07-08-2007, 08:48 AM

3,294 posts, read 9,188,072 times
Quote:
we did get the french door model. so far so good the only thing I don't like is the ice/water dispenser my big 32 oz cups don't fit
That's odd cause my 32 oz glass does fit. I have this model: Model#: PFS22MIWBB GE Profile™ Energy Star® 22.2 Cu. Ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator with Internal Water Dispenser Liz

Old 07-08-2007, 09:30 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
"Profile" is just a product line within GE's overall product offering- it's the midrange between plain ole' GE and GE Monogram. If you compared it to General Motors, "GE" is the Chevrolet, "Profile" is the Buick, and "Monogram" is the Cadillac.

I'm surprised to see so many people having issues with GE appliances- we've had them for years and never had a problem, and I've put Profile appliances in hundreds of homes that I've built and never heard a single complaint.

Bob

Old 07-08-2007, 09:36 AM

3,294 posts, read 9,188,072 times
Bob, the only part of mine I don't like is that I am a klutz and keep dropping ice cubes thru the bottom of the freezer to the floor! LOL Liz

Old 07-08-2007, 10:04 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
That's odd cause my 32 oz glass does fit. I have this model: Model#: PFS22MIWBB GE Profile™ Energy Star® 22.2 Cu. Ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator with Internal Water Dispenser Liz
we have the LG with the external ice and water french door style
the only good thing I liked about my GE profile was the big cup fit under the external dispenser better.
I went through the damper door recall thing with the GE and after the guy came out to fix the problem 3 days later I received new doors that no one could explain why they were sent,that is once I finally got through to a live person, and trying to get them to come pick up these huge boxes out of our garage was a 3 week experience. they finally said "if you don't have room just throw them out" When I commented "Isn't that a waste of money" they said "oh well". I ended up donating them to a place that does fridge repair and said to please use them at no charge if someone needed a repair and they were in financial need.
Kind of soured me on GE

karla

Old 06-16-2010, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 5,658 times
No one has said what the difference is. Better material or craftsmanship? You can get all of the same features on either GE or Profile. I called GE for an answer and they could only say Profile was better but couldn't say why. I asked them to compare a model GDL400RBB to a Profile PDW7800PBB and they came up with 2 differences--Neither worth the $300 price difference.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 4,809 times
This review is from: GE Profile Spacemaker PVM1870SMSS 1.8 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven with 1100 Cooking Watts, CircuWave Cooking System, Recessed Turntable, Full-Width Active Hidden Vent, 300 CFM Venting and Halogen Lighting: Stainless Steel
Ge profile model pvm1870sm1ss, transformer had to be replaced within the first few months, back in 08, On dec 24, Christmase eve the microwave caught fire, thankfully the breaker flipeed and cut the power, but by that time my home was full of noxious smoke, burned by throat and eyes. The kids and I got out ok and I called the fire department. The kids, the dogs, cat, my friend and her son all waited for the fire department in her minivan because it is was so cold out. WE called GE, they put us in touch with their Electric insurance, they had an attorney call us putting us on the spot trying to get a monetary value out of us. Then Chubb insurance called us telling us they worked for Samsung, Thats when it went from bad to worse. The Ge tech verified it was their faulty malfuntioning part a transformer/magnatron. Chubb has been giving us a hard time. Denying food bills since we couldn't cook, denying babysitting because we had to get the kids out of the house while we aired it out and cleaned, denying everything! Please tell everybody you know to gooogle class action law suit against GE and see how many attorneys, class actions, and people have been dealing with this problem. So do you have any advise for how to deal with this mess? GE doesn't care, Samsung doesn't want to hear it, and Chubb doesn't want to pay!

Old 01-16-2011, 03:27 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
Default Yep I completely agree, I wanna sue the National Forest, let me tell you...

I had some firewood that was harvested in the National Forest. It made all kinds of sparks. I had to run out of the house and call the fire dept and wait in a neighbor's minivan and then I had to get a babysitter to air out the house and get carryout from McDonalds too .

I can't figure out who to sue and how but I am sure there is way I can make out like a bandit in this situation.

I wish I had a job, but I used to be a lumberjack but now all the trees are getting cut down in China and Mexico because insurers don't want to get stuck with frivolous law suits. Can you beileve that?!?

Old 01-16-2011, 06:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I have to say that i am very inpressed with my mother-inlaws samsung fig she got 7 years ago. Compared to some of the mid range others its very well made and has run perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House