Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 05:06 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,275,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I think this is funny! I take baths and showers, do my hair, makeup, brush my teeth and use the toilet in the mornings too! I don't need a clock to keep me on schedule. I know exactly how much time it takes me to do these things. It's a routine. I wake up exactly one hour before I need to leave my house. I'm in the bathroom approximately 15 minutes after I wake up. I'm out the front door and driving down the street exactly 45 minutes after I entered the bathroom. It's been like that for decades. Never needed a clock.

It takes me exactly 20 minutes to bath or shower. I put my makeup on as soon as I get out while my hair is still in a towel (it goes on better with damp skin). The I comb out my long hair so it can slightly air dry while get dressed. It takes 10 minutes to dress. After being dressed, I head in and dry my hair. It takes 5 minutes. Put on my shoes, grab my purse and I'm out the door. No clock needed. CONGRATULATIONS!

It boggles my mind that people have no clue how long it takes them to do something they do every day of their lives.
Well, perhaps some might want to get into the Genius Book of Records for ....(to be filled in by your imagination).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 05:09 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,053,823 times
No, I do not. Could probably use one though. Whenever I use Nair, I have to bring my cell phone into the bathroom with me to make sure I leave it on for the correct amount of time. Probably more than you wanted to know, right!?!!

Old 11-06-2010, 06:30 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,016,990 times
No clock - we have never had a clock in the bathroom nor did my mother, grandmother or great grandmother.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:09 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,052,462 times
Nope! I never realized people did this. Seems kinda strange!

Old 11-06-2010, 07:39 PM

41,864 posts, read 74,926,019 times
No clocks. I can keep track of time while I'm in the bathroom; if there's any question, a clock is just a few steps away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
I have a clock in both bathrooms and I also have telephones. I put wall phones in on the wall near the showers. I don't use land lines that much any more, but it's there if I want to order a pizza from the shower or while busy with something else.
And precisely how often does this occur?

Old 11-06-2010, 08:07 PM

11,048 posts, read 23,942,064 times
Just wish we could order pizza from anywhere in the house even the bathroom but we are too far away and nobody delivers anything to the house. Sigh!

Like Coldjensen, we collect antique clocks so there is an old ship's clock in the bathhouse. It doesn't strike ship's time, though, the one that does that is over near the computer desk for some reason. In the toilet room is another clock and there are clocks all over the place. Not that they are ever all at the same time. Once we had nine cuckoo clocks synchronized, that was bedlam! Fun, but noisy.

I suppose we don't really need a clock in the bath house, he's got his internet connection for his laptop (one of these days he is gonna drop that thing in the tub) and the TV is also in there if he really needed to know the accurate time. Plus the cell phone, too.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:36 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,659,456 times
Yes. a suction cup type placed onto the mirror.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:15 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,390,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau&Cloe View Post
I've always had a clock in the master bathroom. Then I would always no how much time I had while getting ready for work. I have a decorative clock on the wall above the vanity mirror. It look really pretty.
We have them in both bathrooms and will have one in the second upstairs as well when it's done. Same reason. When we're getting ready to go some place I can peek out of the shower and see how much longer I have to relax and enjoy the hot water before I have to force myself to be a responsible adult and finish getting ready!

Old 11-07-2010, 12:37 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,638,705 times
Nope. I have a TV, though.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:41 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,390,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Nope. I have a TV, though.
I'm so freaking jealous!!! Hubby and I talked about having a TV installed in the new house when we build it. Master bathroom, directly across from the soaking tub. Bubble bath, glass of wine and a good movie and I could easily kill a couple hours every day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House