Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 01:02 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,168,905 times

Advertisements

Of the following, which have you found to be the best steam mop for tiled floors:

Haan FS20
Euroflex Monster Floor Steam Cleaner
Eureka 313A Enviro Hard-Surface Floor Steamer

Some of these I have noticed indicate they can be used on sealed hardwood floors or carpet, but are these most geared towards tile?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 12:10 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,936,310 times
We have the Eureka (or at least a similar model) and bought it to use on our hardwood floors. We also use it on tile floors in our bathrooms.

I can't say if it's better or worse than the others as I've not used them. Before buying it I read extensive reviews, especially a couple of reallly good comparison reviews on Amazon. The Eureka works fine - I've not had any problems with it. It heats up quickly - takes maybe 2 minutes when first started up. It can do a single room with one water fill - more than that requires more water. It doesn't get the floors wet - just a slight bit which dries almost immediately.

We don't use the steam mop every time we clean our floors - just every once in a while to give them an extra clean. We haven't found that steam mopping gives the wood floors any different/better appearance than other cleaning methods.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:38 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Think I have narrowed it down to the Haan FS20, though I noticed there is also a Haan FS30 and Haan SI35.

Anyone familiar with these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
We have the Eureka (or at least a similar model) and bought it to use on our hardwood floors. We also use it on tile floors in our bathrooms.

I can't say if it's better or worse than the others as I've not used them. Before buying it I read extensive reviews, especially a couple of reallly good comparison reviews on Amazon. The Eureka works fine - I've not had any problems with it. It heats up quickly - takes maybe 2 minutes when first started up. It can do a single room with one water fill - more than that requires more water. It doesn't get the floors wet - just a slight bit which dries almost immediately.

We don't use the steam mop every time we clean our floors - just every once in a while to give them an extra clean. We haven't found that steam mopping gives the wood floors any different/better appearance than other cleaning methods.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:57 PM

Can anyone provide feedback/comparisons between the Haan FS20, FS30 and Haan SI35?

Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 PM

Still looking for feedback on Haan FS20, FS30 and Haan SI35; any suggestions?

Old 11-24-2010, 09:40 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
Just don't buy a Shark, they're terrible! You probably already knew that though.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:11 AM

Actually bought one of those and returned it.

Have to pump the water....what a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Just don't buy a Shark, they're terrible! You probably already knew that though.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:22 PM

Still looking for feedback on Haan FS20, FS30 and Haan SI35; any suggestions?

Old 01-01-2011, 06:41 AM

417 posts, read 455,244 times
I am looking for any feedback/info on steam mops. (not limited to those 2 mentioned above). And oh no I was thinking shark was good?
I posted this in the cleaning tips thread but guess I will post it here as well.

I am looking for a steam mop basically for a large bit of tile flooring in my kitchen/foyer/laundry room and also for the bathroom floors. For the past 25 years I have been using a sponge mop wrapped with rags/tshirts etc and pretty much just hot hot water.(occasssionally I use some mr clean-spicnspan-fantastic-whatever general cleaner but mostly just really hot water).This actually works quite well in cleaning streak free and all but somehow the idea of steam seems even better and the fact that it will dry instantly is even more appealing.
So, what steam mop is easy to use, gets good review, and is not too much money or heavy to handle?

Old 01-01-2011, 06:44 AM

From all the research I did, if you want the best, get the Haan SI35.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salonva View Post
I am looking for any feedback/info on steam mops. (not limited to those 2 mentioned above). And oh no I was thinking shark was good?
I posted this in the cleaning tips thread but guess I will post it here as well.

I am looking for a steam mop basically for a large bit of tile flooring in my kitchen/foyer/laundry room and also for the bathroom floors. For the past 25 years I have been using a sponge mop wrapped with rags/tshirts etc and pretty much just hot hot water.(occasssionally I use some mr clean-spicnspan-fantastic-whatever general cleaner but mostly just really hot water).This actually works quite well in cleaning streak free and all but somehow the idea of steam seems even better and the fact that it will dry instantly is even more appealing.
So, what steam mop is easy to use, gets good review, and is not too much money or heavy to handle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House