Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 06:37 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,333,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
riveree ... if I had a medical emergency with a family member, I'd be calling for an ambulance, not trying to cheat death by hauling a-- through traffic with an umarked vehicle, no warning lights, siren, etc.
I get what you're saying Sunsprit, but consider.....

Some emergencies don't call for an ambulance - a bad cut that needs stitches, a dog bite, etc. If you call an ambulance for that, you'll be paying out of pocket.

These things do come up and you need to get in the car and drive NOW (happened in my house a few months ago), someone parking in your driveway w/o your approval is just criminal .

That's more what I was thinking of when I said 'emergencies'. No one is allowed to park in my driveway unless they are a guest. It's just something to think about (I also try to never be completely out of gas - I like to have enough in the car in case something came up.......maybe I overthink things, huh ).

Old 07-29-2007, 09:44 PM

335 posts, read 1,204,901 times
Default Put Some Dog Poop

ON THE Hood of their car. they will either think you are nuts or your dog!!!

Cheers

Old 07-30-2007, 02:33 PM

3,080 posts, read 11,028,615 times
Get a cat, stick it's paws in mud, then let it roam. It will invariably settle down for a catnap on the roof of those nice warm cars parked out in the sun, leaving little kitty paw-prints all up and down their windshield and hood.

Wet paint would be better, but that's a bit cruel to kitty, and boy will you get clawed to ribbons trying to wash it off with paint thinner.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:22 PM

164 posts, read 689,098 times
Been here for 5 months and neighbors here are wonderful. We all get along and park in our own property but also we all let each other know it was ok to park anywhere only because we have alot of land. But I tell you, when we lived in Maryland, our neighbors were just the worst people I ever came across. They threw mice traps in our yard whioch of course went right back over to there yard. We lived in a rowhome(connected together) and they would blast there music at all times of the day and night. There yard was just a dump. We called the town on them and they gave warning. Then we notified the landlord about them and he did something and straightened their butts out completely. Then we moved..lol, The landlord came over and apologized saying he hopes his tenants were not the reason we moved and I told him it was part of it. But love my house here which is single home and neighbors are excellent. Good luck.. Find out if there renting the house and contact landlord. We found our neighbors information and landlord contact through computer through home taxes information somehow.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:51 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,112,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
My parents have trouble with this before. One time their neighbors were having a party and 2 of the *******s decided to park in my parents' driveway (thinking that they wouldn't be going anywhere). Never asked or anything. So my dad (who can have a short temper at times) went over to the neighbor's home and politely asked if the owners of the 2 cars could move them since they were leaving to go and eat. Well they moved them but as soon as my parent's left, the same two people parked right back in their driveway. Well my father had enough of that BS so he went to the neighbor's house again and demanded that the owners move their cars and they downright refused. So my father called the police, had the vehicles towed, and impounded.

If someone EVER decides to park their car in my driveway without my permission what-so-ever, I'm having them towed. Not even going to tell the owners.
That's a good story! Good for your father!

I just can't believe these stories either. I can't believe the entitlement these people have to think they can do this. I've lived in apts with garages and there has been a few times when someone would park along the drives and block our garage, but to have this happen at a house, geez!

Old 06-23-2013, 11:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,018 times
I have a similar problem problem with a different twist. On my cul-de-sac everyone has 2parking spots, and most have 3 or more cars. We all have tiny lawns or thin strips in front of our fences where we park our extra cars. It can be like a jigsaw puzzle of cars when everyone is in for the night. Our next door neighbors (who don't speak English) have a reoccurring guest who has taken to wedging his car in to the corner of our yard, sometimes blocking in one of our cars, sometimes blocking access for us to park. I find it completely galling to park on someone else's lawn and also to take someone else's parking spot. My unkind hope is that the driver of this shiny new mustang will find out why it's only the kids junkers out there; about every 3 years someone makes a mistake navigating the midnight puzzle and takes off a chunk of one of the cars.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:29 AM

10,009 posts, read 17,911,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertheless View Post
I have a similar problem problem with a different twist. On my cul-de-sac everyone has 2parking spots, and most have 3 or more cars. We all have tiny lawns or thin strips in front of our fences where we park our extra cars. It can be like a jigsaw puzzle of cars when everyone is in for the night. Our next door neighbors (who don't speak English) have a reoccurring guest who has taken to wedging his car in to the corner of our yard, sometimes blocking in one of our cars, sometimes blocking access for us to park. I find it completely galling to park on someone else's lawn and also to take someone else's parking spot. My unkind hope is that the driver of this shiny new mustang will find out why it's only the kids junkers out there; about every 3 years someone makes a mistake navigating the midnight puzzle and takes off a chunk of one of the cars.
Did you happen to notice that this thread was/is 6 years old?

Old 06-24-2013, 02:22 PM

15,101 posts, read 27,541,944 times
I think the post was appropriate, it's relative to the topic (rather than start yet another thread)

Old 06-24-2013, 02:24 PM

22,226 posts, read 47,150,952 times
Perhaps... but what people will now do is respond to the OP, ignoring the new poster.
That's the usual MO.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:09 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,520,172 times
Somebody parked blocking my driveway when we were getting ready to leave for work. She was only gone for a couple of minutes, but her car wouldn't start when she got back. She told me, "If this is the worst thing that happens to you today, it won't be a very bad day." I managed not key her car. She then told me that AAA would be there in a hour and that I'd have to wait until then. I told her to get in the car, put it in neutral, and steer while I pushed her into the open, legal parking spot that was 40 feet away from my driveway (fortunately, down hill). I don't know why she didn't like that plan, but I had threaten to call a not-AAA-tow to the impound yard before she did it. It wasn't like she had to steer much. It was a straight shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House