Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 09:17 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Yep, that's where it is.

I love Charleston. There, you would get in toruble if you tired to change the color of the pink house. Rainbow row looks great. It is included as a thing to see on most tours of Charleston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 09:21 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I once lived in a Craftsman-style house with a very beautifully kept bathroom with sandstone-colored tile. Sort of a light terra cotta color. I put new white fixtures in it and also added brushed chrome faucets, a quiet fan, a high-end medicine cabinet with beveled mirrors, and light fixtures from Pottery Barn. I had a terrible time selling the house. Why? The Realtors (I had two) told me the people hated "the pink bathroom." It wasn't pink. If you put something pink in there, you could clearly see that the color was brownish. But people perceived it as pink and it was death to a quick sale.
We have similar tile in the bathroom in our late 1950's house - if nothing's in there, it's perceived as pink, but if you put, say, Southwest colors (or anything actually pink) in there, it's clear it's sandstone. I think that's what I'd do if I had it on the market - put a touch of actual pink in there so people could see that it's NOT pink!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House